HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 17, 2006

A little bit of business

I have finally cleaned up my blogrolls. I know, it took forever and I apologize down on bended knee, blah blah blah. I suck.

What is new, you ask? Well, I have cleaned out some old links I no longer read. I've removed those links that are either dead, as in the blog is no longer published, or dying, as in the blog isn't updated enough to bother with. I've added a bunch of links to some new, fab blogs that I've been reading for a while, but just haven't linked up till now.

There are new blogs in just about every category, with the Mom list having the most changes, followed closely by the This That and The Other list. Some of the links are old hat, some are new to everyone, so check them out.

I also added a ::new:: tag to my blogroll that will show all updated posts within the last 12 hours. So I'll know if you update!

Why do you care? I dunno. Maybe you don't. But there are some cool new blogs to check out, and I'm always happy when people update their blogrolls. It's exciting!

Why am I telling you all this? Because I have an ulterior motive. Heh heh heh. No, really I don't. But please, if you don't see yourself on my blogrolls and want to be there, drop your url and a short introcution into a comment and I'll add you. Or, if you think there is a glaring hole in my blogroll and I'm missing the absolute best blog in the world, let me know that too, along with the url.

Finally, if you're on my blogroll and haven't returned the favor, I'd be mighty appreciative if you would add me to your blogroll next time you edit. You can add me immediately if you have a Blogroll account by pressing the Blogroll Me link right under the Blogroll heading. Easy Peasy.

Don't forget to add yourself to Technorati, which will help you increase your traffic and will enable more bloggers to find you, too. And ditto for the ecosystem at The Truth Laid Bear, if you haven't already done so. A bit of linky love is a good thang.

Coming soon: I finally update my reading list, which is woefully out of date.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

19 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

~Margalit~ I am so honored to be added to your links :) I have tried to figure out the blogroll thing and I must be a total doofus because I was completely lost...LOL. One day I guess I will figure it all out. I will check into Technorati too... thanks for the suggestion. I just love linky love :)

17/3/06 3:58 PM  
Blogger California Highway Guy - Daniel said...

I typically read you via the syndication I've created for you over at Livejournal (http://syndicated.livejournal.com/whatwas_i_think/). If the topic looks interesting, I go over to your blog to comment (such as this one).

Of course, I don't know if you've reciprocated. Accounts at Livejournal are free (visit https://www.livejournal.com/create.bml to create one). Once you have one, you can "friend" me, and then comment so that I know who is commenting.

Let me explain the "friends" notion. It appears that blogger (which you use) has all posts public. On LJ, there are levels of security: public, friends-only, or selected subsets of your friends list. Some of my posts are friends-only; there are folks that have entirely friends-only journals.

So, I've reciprocated: I read your stuff regularly, and comment relatively frequently. Are you reading http://cahwyguy.livejournal.com/ on a regular basis?

(and I invite your other readers over to livejournal, as well)

(and who is this Michelle they keep talking about?)

17/3/06 4:39 PM  
Blogger MomToJandE said...

I'll give a plug for my favorite blog ever: http://belovedmonsterandme.blogspot.com/

And how could I not give a plug for one of my favorite friend's blogs: http://onthefence.typepad.com/onthefence/

17/3/06 6:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for stoppin' by my place from Michele's!

Enjoyed your input. :)

17/3/06 10:56 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

I'd be honored to be on your blogroll. This weekend I will figure out, I hope, how to get one together on my Blogger blog. I am a computer dork of the worst kind. Lemme know if there is some simple trick, willya? Then you're in.

My URL: www.verb-ops.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend.
Rick

17/3/06 11:02 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Hey there! Good tips. Glad Michele sent me. Have a great weekend.

17/3/06 11:06 PM  
Blogger Goodbye Mes Amis said...

I know... I know... lots of north eastern Americans actually know where Canada is :0) I'm half American myself. I just like to give you guys a hard time because IN GENERAL I think Canadians know more about the U.S. than the U.S. does about Canada, but I know there are plenty who do know about us, AND plenty of Canadians who don't know anything about anything. I can't tell you how many times people believed I lived in Vancouver when I'd just finished saying I lived in PEI.
Hope you are not still mad.

17/3/06 11:07 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Who is Michele? Michele is the hippest blogger in the world. Check out her site:

www.micheleagnew.com

She has the most provocative questions to answer every day, and weekends are meet and greets, where you get to see a bunch of old blogging buddies.

17/3/06 11:07 PM  
Blogger mommyof4 said...

Well I do not see me there:( but that is ok:) I have had you on mine for awhile. Michele sent me tonight but I would have came by soon anyhoo:)

17/3/06 11:07 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Good tips. Glad Michele sent me.

17/3/06 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Ivy said...

Howdy! Visiting via Michele today!

I so need to update my blog roll.. It hasnt been updated in a long time!

17/3/06 11:13 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Visiting from Michele's.

Hope you have a wonderful St. Patty's Day...what is left of it...and a relaxing, fulfilling weekend!

Get that reading list updated!!! ;)

17/3/06 11:30 PM  
Blogger Plumkrazzee said...

I like your blinkies =) Michele sent me today

17/3/06 11:40 PM  
Anonymous atpanda said...

Hey! Thanks for the traffic tips. I've never been to The Truth before, but I'm heading over there now. I'd like to figure out how to add the 'new' thing too. that is so great!
Michele sent me. :-)

17/3/06 11:47 PM  
Anonymous atpanda said...

Hey, btw, did you already read Middlesex? I adored that book!

17/3/06 11:54 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

How do you add yourself to Technorati??? I don't seem to understand that place very well..but then....there is so much I don't understand...OY!
And the other one....I'll have to check that out, too, my dear...Thanks for the suggestions.

18/3/06 3:09 AM  
Blogger Amy Linder said...

Hi There _

I would LOVE to be added to your blogroll, and you are SO going on mine right after I finish this comment. I too am a physically disabled mom (I have spina bifida), so we've got that in common. Plus, I live 1 state up from you in good ol' NH, so we're close in proximity too - another connection! My URL is http://spinabifidamoms.blogspot.com.

Well, gotta go add you to my list. Thanks so much!

Amy :)

18/3/06 1:11 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Whew, I'm still on it. You're on mine too - now all I need to do is find some time to actually upload the new version. Sigh...I hate being overallocated.

18/3/06 3:08 PM  
Blogger Dr. Cissa Fireheart said...

Hello Margalit --

I've got you on My blgoroll, but I see that my link is not there on yours. Perhaps you've just lost the addy? Here it is:

http://cissafireheart.blogspot.com

Thanks! :)

~Cissa Fireheart

19/3/06 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.