HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Not to discriminate.....

Here's the Boy's room, before and after. I swear, this has been great therapy for us all. I'm having a blast memoralizing the mess, and they're having not so great a time cleaning. But so far it's been enjoyable seeing their rooms displayed for the world to see. The comments the Girl got on her room definately kept her entertained.

So, here's the before photos:

Although he's not quite as bad as the Girl as far as clothing on the floor, he isn't winning any prizes for neatness.



His closet is also filled to the brim, but he wouldn't let me photograph it with the door wide open.

.

Note the mess on the dresser. He will not remove one item from that dresser.


The little table in the middle of the floor is his 'bedside' table. He likes it there. Don't ask why, because I can't tell you. But I can tell you it's never been dusted once.


He tends to let his laundry pile way up.


Check out the dust on that bookshelf. Isn't that whale adorable. I got it when I was a kid and he's always liked it, so now he has it. But when I was a kid, it was dusted.



Make his bed? Why would you ever do that?



Isn't a desk for piling magazines and books on top? Note the drawer is missing. He completely killed that drawer until it was nothing but tinder.




Oh, and about the curtains. He picked them out himself and he loves them. So no comments.



Here are the After Photos
This first one is his bed made. See that blue blanket? He's had it since he was a baby and he still sleeps with it every night. He says it's going to be his Chuppa (Wedding Canopy) when he gets married.



The dresser remains exactly the same, as promised.



The laundry has been taken down to be washed. Hurrah! And the books are much neater in the bookshelf. The guitar still isn't in it's case, but let's not be picky, right?



The desk has been cleaned off, but the specially saved newspapers are still not filed away. They're all to do with the Red Sox, of course. Note the shoes lined up under the desk. That Boy does love his shoes.








Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

Definitely an improvement. I am glad he straightened up the bed -- I don't mind if it's unmade, but I get all twitchy if the sheets are crooked (must be guys have a different tolerance level on that; it doesn't bug my husband either but drives me BATTY if the sheets aren't straight!)

27/3/06 9:43 AM  
Blogger The Simple Life said...

Big improvement! Now if only someone would convince my children that you *really can* get a disease from a dirty room.

27/3/06 4:00 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

If my room had looked like the "before" picture here, my mother would have wept tears of pure joy. Way much of a slob, I was.

Also? The bed-making was a chore I sorely resented at his age. The futility of it! When I was just going to unmake it to sleep in it in a few measly hours! I still don't feel a pressing need to make my own bed, except that Alex likes to get into a made-up bed at night. So on the rare occasions that I do it, I do it for him. Or because someone might see it.

30/3/06 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.