HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 31, 2006

Oh shoot, what will I wear?

Tomorrow it's rumored that the temperature will top 70 degrees. I've waited a long time for the feeling of sun on my face. I almost remember what sun on my skin feels like. It's been quite warm all week, but tomorrow promises to be a summer day. Of course, this mean no more corderoy pants and thermal shirts. Ahem... I guess this means summer clothing is needed.

Upstairs I pulled out a large bag of my summer clothing from the floor of my closet. Hey, did you think my kids invented bags in the closet? No, they learned from a master. Actually, that was the only bag on the floor of my closet, which made it quite easy to find. I pulled out a few t-shirts and some shorts. Shorts! My legs are the color of white eggshells. I'm very very pale. Many people are actually blinded by the gleam of my untanned skin. It is not a pretty sight.

Unfortunately, the shorts, they are too big. Oh, I'll wear them because I don't believe in ever getting new clothing until my stuff literally rots off my body, but I guess I knew this day was going to come. I have gone down at least one size, maybe two. My pants have gotten so baggy I think I could fit a friend in with me. But pants cover a multitude of sins that shorts do not. Big shorts show people parts of me that I'd like to pretend don't exist, like the tops of my thighs. They are weapons of mass destruction all by themselves, those thighs.

T-shirts, they'll just look big and baggy and what do I care? But the shorts, I believe I must think of replacing some of the shorts.

Most women in my situation would be thrilled to go and buy new clothing. Not me. I never buy clothes for myself. You know how you feel trying on bathing suits. That's how I feel trying on anything remotely like clothing, including coats. Makes me shiver just thinking about it. I am shopping adverse. I believe I will order online so I can pretend that flourescent lights do not exist. That will make me happy.

Or, I could eat all the girl scout cookies we picked up yesterday and then the shorts might fit again? That's not a great idea, right?

Instead I will garden and hopefully get the perennial beds cleaned up. Exercise in the sunshine. My goodness, spring has sprung.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Thumper said...

Oh man...I want 70 degrees with sun. I'm soooo tired of rain--we're getting day 21 of rain this month today, or something like that. I WANT SUN! And for my shorts to be too big :)

Here via Michele's this time!

31/3/06 12:58 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Going down two sizes is not a bad problem to have! (lol) I wish I could say the same thing, Margalit...I love how you feel about shopping...I use to sort of like shopping..well, not really..only when I had gone down two or three sizes..then, I LOVED it! But I can sure relate to wearing everything till it falls off in tatters. I'm happy for you that you can work in your garden..HOORAY! It must be a true thrill after the winter! Have fun, my dear.

31/3/06 1:32 AM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

i really wish i had this problem. The most commong phrase hear din my house is "Hunny, im too fat for this pair of pants/shorts/tights" i never grown down out of my clothes. if i keep increasing at this rate i will be a billion pounds by forty!

hehe

hi ya michele sent me

31/3/06 2:38 AM  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Enjoy the sunshine. Michele sent me today and I didn't regret it all.

31/3/06 7:11 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

I agree, shopping for me-clothes- is not my idea of a fun day. I have heard about the lack of sun in different parts of the US. I'm in the south & we had about 15 whole minutes worth late yesterday afternoon.

31/3/06 1:20 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I love this blog! I'm the mother of a 5 year-old and I'm not sure when the bedroom-clean-up wars will begin. But I was glad to read, in previous posts, that you had been successful in convincing tG and tB to make inroads in the matter.

31/3/06 1:22 PM  
Blogger Chatty said...

I thought it was going to rain tomorrow. I got in the car and it was 77 degrees. Oh, New Hampshire in warmth - nothing like it. Now if Lake Winni would thaw out, I will be in heaven!

Michele sent me today!

31/3/06 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Nikki-ann said...

Why do shops always have those horrible flourescent lights? They never make anyone look good. I much prefer mail order or online shopping too!

Here via Michele's :)

Have a good weekend.

31/3/06 4:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ah, yes, the emergence of warm weather clothing and all the personal angst that comes with it! It was mid-60s here yesterday and I LOVED it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Maybe I could get you to "vintage" some cheap jeans for my daughter! Ha Ha!

Here via Michele's!

31/3/06 4:41 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I need to buy some new summer clothes. I only wish it were because my old stuff was too big. ;)

Here via Michele's this time.

31/3/06 5:37 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

You could always just tie a sheet around you, Margalit. That'll save money and nobody will see your thighs. Personally I don't think it'd be a very attractive solution but it does meet your minimum requirement of not being new clothing and masking your thighs. Just trying to be minimally helpful here, Margalit.

31/3/06 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.