HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar, how straight are you anyways?

Sitting here watching Brokeback Mountain get passed over again and again and wondering why? Do you think this is a direct result of the Right Wing Christian Agenda trying to take over the country? Two damn awards and that was for the short story by Larry McNurtry and best director Ang Lee? I dunno, this seems strange to me.

Jack Nicholson announcing Best Picture? Hic? He's getting looser and looser, huh? Love him as an actor, but as a real person, it's a bit much.

Reese Witherspoon for best actress over Felicity Huffman? What the fug? Felicity plays a transgendered person wracked with angst, Reese plays Johnny Cash's wife? Hmmm, which part is more intimidating? Which actress put more of her heart and soul into the part? Which actress played a character outside the straight white right wing agenda? OK, I'll admit that Truman Capote, the feyist of gays, was acknowledged tonight with the Phillip Seymour Hoffman award for best actor.

But heck, this is the weirdest Academy Awards I've ever seen, I think. I'm even bewildered by the dresses. What was Charleze thinking. She's usually so perfect, but that bow? Not her best choice. And Naomi Watts? Where was she in that pile of gauze? She's way too pale to wear ivory. Never mind that best song thing. Can those dipshits afford clothing other than t-shirts, baseball caps, and team jackets. How completely stupid did they look?

I dunno. I just don't get the honors for Memoirs of a Geisha. Loved the book, but the movie? Not so much.

My favorite movie of this year was, by far, Crash. I though it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. My kids loved it as well, making it, along with Hotel Rwanda, my kid's two favorite movies. Thank God they no longer worship animated flims, although the Boy was rather miffed that Star Wars volume 2,045,872 didn't win the best special effects. I'm glad that Crash won best movie and best screenplay, because it was, in my opinion, absolutely the most moving, motivating, most thrilling, depraved, sad, scary, and exhilirating film I've seen in years. It was so original that it just too my breath away. If you haven't seen it, make sure you do, because it will change the way you look at the world. I'm SO glad it won best picture. If I had my way, it would be required watching in every home in the world. It's is just that good.

I'm pretty much over awards shows. The Emmy's suck, the Tony's are so boring you could die watching them, the Grammys are so fixed it's ridiculous, and frankly, the smaller awards shows like the AFI and SAG awards don't grab me either. Something is just plain missing from the glamour and glitz of the old award shows? Could it be that politics and big business have taken over and talent is superceded by money? You think so?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.