HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Remember this?

Remember this post, down at the bottom, when I said that the Girl had written a good book report but her teacher wasn't even going to bother giving her anything but a C-. Well, I was wrong. He failed her. Yup indeedy, a big fat F. You wanna know why? Because I wrote the half the paper for her, following her ideas from her first draft, but fixing it up so that it had a definate flair like a professional book review. So he accused her of cheating. Now, I set him up, and I even posted about it so that he KNEW I was setting him up, but just as I expected, he was so out to get her, that he didn't even bother thinking about what I said. Do I know he reads my blog. YES, I do, for a fact.

Today, the SpEd teacher called me back, after I left messages for both the English teacher and the SpEd teacher yesterday afternoon. I wasn't pleased with him because he intimated that the Girl was a cheater, was dumb, and was a liar. No, he didn't say that straight out, but she came home and she felt really upset about the implications of the conversation. She felt that he thought she was "too stupid to write a good paper" and that she didn't "know any big words" both of which are false. I again mentioned that she has two pretty severe learning disabilities, like maybe someone in the school MIGHT, just MIGHT recognize this and give the poor kid some credit, but noooooo.

I did mention that I've already met with the principal over this very topic, and have contacted the superintendant as well. Now I'm going to have to have a face to face with the superintendent and the attorney's involved. You would think that the damn teacher would realize I'm not playing games here, that I advocate for my kid vociferously and that I am not backing down. I guess he's either too stubborn or to dumb to get it. Really, I don't care which it is, I just want my kid to like English again and not have her self esteem dragged through the mud by a teacher who seems to get off on being a PITA.

OK, I've had way too much coffee today, and then I dealt with the damn computer for 5 hours, so I'm not in a very good frame of mind, but I'm so sick of middle school. Does it HAVE to be this bad?

The math teacher, OTOH, has been so much better now that the Girl is no longer in her study hall. It's miraculous. No more Ms MathTeacher stories. Except that her dog barks too much when the Girl is visiting her friend's house, who lives right in front of the Math Teacher. Otherwise, no complaints at all.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Eden said...

What would bother me if I were the English teacher would be the notion that it's impossible this student wrote a good paper b/c I haven't taught her anything (haven't given her feedback to improve her work, etc.). Which would he rather cop to? Apparently the fact that the "teach" part of the job description seems to be lacking ;)

BTW: I like that you set him up. There's no way he can not look a fool.

29/3/06 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Chloe said...

um, I don't quite follow you here. The teacher thinks you rewrote the paper for her? Or you did rewrite the paper for her? I think you meant to say the former, but what you said sounds like the latter.

29/3/06 11:55 AM  
Blogger The Simple Life said...

I'm having the same issue with my son's school. It has gotten so bad that they're teaching my Kindergartener to hate school. That's just sad. But I think I might just follow your lead and start blogging about it. Good luck with the Superintendant. I've had no luck at all going that route. Please keep us posted on what happens there. And big, huge kudos to you for standing up for your kid!!!

29/3/06 2:05 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I love it! But I'm confused: Did you write part of her paper for her, or didn't you?

30/3/06 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.