HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 16, 2006

And in other news...

I haven't posted a lot lately about the family. It's not that there isn't anything to say, because there always is, it's because I have brain fever or something and can't remember what they're up to by the time I get on the computer at night.

Let's see. The boy got suspended for a day for running after a kid with a baseball bat. The kid had been teasing him about his size and weight (he's 2.5 years younger than any other kid in the school and he's not small, but puberty has alluded him thus far) the whole year, and he finally lost his cool. Since he's done so outstandingly well the whole year, nobody was really blown away by this, but nobody was pleased either. OK, I was pleased because his suspension just happened to coincide with the day I spend cooking for the first seder, and so he helped a lot, much to his chagrin.

On Thursday I had to take him to school for 'reentry' which was a meeting between him, the program leader, and the kid he went after. It took only a few minutes, and then school was out and I took him home.

The girl has a friend who lives with a family member other than a parent, and this family member appears to have a bit of an issue with the truth. I'm really cloudy on what really happened, but the kid went to visit another relative in another town and started talking about the Girl, and this other relative said some really ugly and disparaging things about her, having never laid eyes on her or having spoken to her. What this relative said was really outrageous and completely falacious and I got furious when I heard about it. Her friend defended her and basically wrote off this relative, but man, who the hell needs this tsuris. It's bad enough when kids are mean to each other, but to have an adult start in, especially an adult who doesn't know his ass from his elbow, that is way overboard. Since I had no clue of what to do, I did nothing, but I did talk to the friend and it appears that the out of town relative got his information from the relative the kid is living with. This is the second run-in I've had with her regarding her veracity and I'm sorry to say that it's not a good situation.

She has also been able to see her friend that was moved from town, and had a great reunion. This friend looks great and is very happy in her new situation, and is feeling and looking better than I've ever seen her, which is so wonderful. I don't know what the future will be for her, but we have begun talking about becoming a foster family, just in case.

But, the Girl remains unscathed by all of this, and has been out of the house more than home so far during this school vacation. She's been over friend's houses, to the movies twice, out to dinner twice (both times conveniently "forgetting" about Passover, much to my annoyance, especially since she was out with a Jewish family tonight) and I'm sure this will continue all of vacation. She's got some social life.

I've started a new book and will be working on it several hours per day. It is non-fiction and is about a topic very important to all parents. Hopefully, work on it will continue at a good pace and it will be finished without too much pain. You never know!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.