HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Anyone want a really nasty 13 year old girl?

Nothing like school vacation to remind you of what an obnoxious bitch your teenager can be. Man, I'm about to either put her in boarding school, a nunnery for Jewish girls too bitchy to live, or find an adoption agency interested in farming her out. Because the Girl is just about on her last legs here at Chez STFU. She has been unreal much of today.

This always happens when she has friends over. It's like she needs to prove to them that she can speak to me like she's the boss and I'm her underling, telling me to shut up and what to do and how to do it. She curses like a sailor, and she's not afraid to scream at the top of her lungs when things don't go her way. She's constantly whinging that her brother never gets in trouble, even as he's being sent upstairs to bed for annoying her.

Today she lost 5 whole days of phone privileges due to her screaming at me. No matter what I said, it irritates her and she screams more and louder. I'm so sick of her right now I'd like to hop on a plane to Siberia just to get some relief. Even her friend who is over gets what a brat she is. She gave me a big hug and told me she loved me. Too bad my daughter can't get her act together to be as nice to me.

In the meantime, I've felt terrible all day, due to way too much matzoh intake, and I'm about as bloated as a person can get and still remain upright. Matzoh confounds me. It is literally flour and water, and yet it causes pretty severe stomach problems in so many people. Me, I get heartburn and a mean sour stomach from it. Other people get constipation. I don't get it.

So I'm feeling horrid, I look very green around the gills, and my daughter decides now is the time to throw a huge tantrum and be as rude as possible. I swear it, I wish Jo from SuperNanny could deal with this kid for a couple of days. She's real television material, my girl. She could be president of Brats are Us when she gets into one of her snits.

So, I've changed the password on the computer and she's locked out of her mail and MySpace account until I'm good and ready to let her back in. She's lost 5 days of using the phone, and I'm setting the parental controls on the TV to no video, which means no movies and no Xbox. Let's see her keep bitching at me when she has nothing to do and can't go anywhere because she can't make plans with her friends. Heh... try and fuck with me, kiddo. It isn't gonna work.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

WOW! Talk about deja vu. Reading this made me wish I could've blogged when my son was 13! LOL
Hey, what if you throw a tantrum when her friends are there? I love Supernanny & this sounds like a good situation for her to be involved in. Doesn't it just make you want to take EVERYTHING including all but 1 set of clothes away? Just think, 5 more years...wait, that's a looong 5 years. Earplugs?

18/4/06 3:42 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Tough Talk Margalit! Sounds like your daughter pressed you to the wall today! Do you think it's the 'teen-age' years thing? How does any parent live through that period...(Better question, how does the Teenager survive?? lol)
I hope the restrictions you've placed on her make a difference, my dear...

btw: I've put up that '100 things about me' in honor of my 100th post! If you get a chance, take a look-see.

18/4/06 3:52 AM  
Blogger Denzylle said...

I'm a London reader of your blog. The teen version of 'Supernanny' we have here on TV is called 'My Teen's a Nightmare: I'm Moving Out'. Maybe you can write to them and be the first 'case study' on US TV. :)

Seriously, it's pretty good. It treats the teens in an adult manner, with lots of talking between the teen and the therapist, the therapist and the family and other siblings, and then, between the teen and eveyone else.

18/4/06 7:14 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

i feel like this is EXACTLY what i have to look forward to in 8 years...great...

18/4/06 9:01 AM  
Blogger Sietske in Beiroet said...

Aha! So now you must understand why certain mothers in the animal kingdom eat their young.

18/4/06 2:26 PM  
Blogger Croila said...

Eeeeew, reading this sent shudders down my spine. It could have been written about me, as I was over 20 years ago. I suppose the best thing to do is to ride it out, and know that it WILL get better - it might just take a wee while. Look on it as an alien inhabiting your daughter's body for a couple of years! Then she'll be back to being lovely again.

21/4/06 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.