HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's (ACHOOO) Spring at Last!

This afternoon I took the two miscreants to their respective therapy appointments. Or rather, the Girl to her scheduled appointment and the Boy to his impromptu session in the park across the street. His therapist gave him the choice of going to get some coffee at Dunks or the park, and he went with the park.

I followed behind and gloried in the beauty that is spring in New England. Maybe it's because we have such a hellacious winter, but spring really means something around here. People come out of their burrows and bring the kids to playgrounds and tops go down on the convertables and you see toes in sandals instead of encased in UGGS. It's just special enough that people want to celebrate it, unlike in warm climates where there aren't real seasons.

So I bring you a taste of spring. These two photos are my two favorite trees in my fair city. They happen to be right across from each other at the park, and when my kids were little, they would hide in the weeping beech and giggle like mad as I pretended I didn't know where they were. The conifer is gorgeous, a really amazing specimen that you can enter inside and it gets all quiet like in the middle of a pine forest. I don't know the variety of the conifer, but I'd love to have one.



The weeping beech looks like somebody sneaking up on you when it's devoid of leaves, but when the leaves come in, it's a deep dark green color and absolutely perfect for hiding in. I'll take another pic this summer when it's in full leaf.



The boy decided to wear this shirt, unknowing that he might run into his therapist. She loved it, and teased him about his superpowers. The sad on the bench and talked while I watched the little kids on the playground. Then, when they were done, I snapped this gem of him in front of a forsythia in full bloom.



The final photos are my neighbor's garden. She lives behind us and this garden is on a mound at the end of the street. It is astounding in the spring, so alive and so fragrant. It isn't a summer garden, but she does have some perennials in there for summer.

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I love The Boy's shirt :)

22/4/06 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.