HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 28, 2006

Oh what a bee-u-ti-ful morning!

Oh, what a beautiful day. But it sure didn't start out that way.

Around 6:30 the Girl climbed in bed with me. She's a human radiator and it was a bit chilly this morning, so she was a welcome addition. Following on her heels was the Worhtless Pet, who jumped right up on my other side, creating a mom sandwich. He was purring so loudly there was no way I could fall back to sleep.

Then the Boy's alarm clock went off. Bee beep, bee beep, bee beep. Annooying little piece of plastic, that. I hear no movement, so I call out "Boy!" and I get this response.

"Shut the Fuck Up. You are SO ANNOYING."

"Do not talk to me like that"

"Then SHUT UP"

Biting my tongue I again remind myself that this is before medication. It's like this every morning. I hear the pill bottles and I know that in a half hour he'll be human again. After several reminders to get out of bed, and several rejoiners to STFU, I tell him to brush his teeth. You would think that by the time a child is almost 14, you would have gotten it down that we brush our teeth in the morning, no questions asked. We just do it.

But no, every single morning we go through the dance of the toothbrush. Someday, in the distant future, I'm hoping this well end. In the meantime, I take the abuse and keep reminding nagging him.

He actually brushes his teeth, then goes back in his room to do whatever he does in the morning, and as his bus arrives up the hill he yells out, "Bye Mom, I love you."

Talk about your mixed messages!

I just hope his future partner, whomever that might be, will be as accepting as I am. Living with a bipolar person isn't easy in the best of times. Before meds, it sucks. But thank G-d there are medications that can turn a bear into a puppydog in 30 minutes. The wonders of science.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

15 Comments:

Blogger PresentStorm said...

I know some bipolar people and man I can only imagine a bipolar teen ...teens are a handful by themselves. It is very cool that you are so patient though.

Here via Michele

28/4/06 2:07 PM  
Blogger Chatty said...

Yikes! I can not even imagine. I do have students like this and have to count to three. I give you a lot of credit! :)

Michele sent me.

28/4/06 2:15 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi there Margalit..
I'm here from Michele this morning...
Indeed, thank the lord for medications. I love your descriptions...your daughter and the 'worthless pet' making a sandwich and a warm one, at that! Great!

28/4/06 2:19 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

And I'm here again, my dear..."The Human Radiator"..GREAT Name! (lol)
Back from Michele's once again!

28/4/06 2:44 PM  
Blogger Nienke Hinton said...

Wow. I like best how you sound so unconditionally loving.
Here via Michele's.

28/4/06 3:03 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL! I'm following you today...3 times the charm, Margalit!
Here from Michele's once again!

28/4/06 3:28 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Hi Margalit :-)

Don't change your blog, I love the picture of Boston :-)

And we can all see how much you love Boy - and the cussing isn't him talking, it's his Ugly Monster.

cq

28/4/06 3:34 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

My wake-up now includes Mrs. Vanx returning from a 12 hour shift 4 outta 5 "school nights" just as honorably daughter number No. 1's plastic beep-beep goes off. Mom is exhausted and awake, I am exhausted and asleep. We take turns saying STFU. We have it down to a science.

28/4/06 3:35 PM  
Blogger Common Sense Beauty said...

I applaud your ability to be level headed and loving in the face of a STFU in the morning hours! Hello via Michele

28/4/06 3:39 PM  
Blogger PresentStorm said...

Here via Michele again on your beautiful morning :)

28/4/06 3:48 PM  
Blogger Daughter In Law said...

Oh My Goodness. What a day. Your post about the MySpace stuff has me wigging out big time.

Michele sent me.

28/4/06 4:04 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Yet another reason why I hate mornings so much. If only we could simply stay in bed till the afternoon.

Like my mother-in-law!

(DUCK!)

28/4/06 4:04 PM  
Blogger KaraMia said...

It cracked me up that you were at my sight before and after my blog change! I'm loving it.

I'm with you on the med thing. My son has ADD and without it, it's like trying to hold down the energizer bunny and get him to eat, dress, feed the dog, and SLOW DOWN...sigh. I'm feeling ya.

28/4/06 5:00 PM  
Blogger Fidget said...

Is he getting any behavior modification therapy? I'm bipolar and have learned that mental illness is no excuse for being a jerk. He CAn learn to control it but it will take effot and the right tools. Medication is a good start.

29/4/06 11:08 AM  
Blogger chickkhan said...

Wow, nothing says good morning like a nice loud STFU! I'm glad that he gets better after the meds. My sister greets my mother morning noon and night with the same sentiment... only she can't blame bipolar, she's just a bitch. :) I like your blog!

30/4/06 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.