HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Out and in and out and in

Sometimes we take simple things for granted, like say, breathing. How much do you think about breathing outside of yoga classes and an occasional attempt to meditate? Not much, huh?

Asthmatics think a lot about breathing because, for us, there are times when it is almost impossible to accomplish what should be completely natural. I don't like to think about my breathing at all, I just want it to happen automatically without my having to do things like take bad medications and visit emergency rooms. Most of the time, I'm pretty lucky that way. Sometimes I lose the crapshoot. Then it takes a couple of days to bounce back and I go through a renewed vow to be ubercareful with my preventative medications.

Today I slept until 3 pm. You wouldn't think it could be possible, but I hadn't slept the night before due to the asthma attack, and then I was so completely exhausted just trying to breathe that once I got into my bed with the nice clean sheets and the comfy pillows propping me up, I was out like a light. The boy woke me up when he got home from school.

The wonder of it all is, I feel so much better. Restorative sleep, lots of medication, and the ability to breathe again is incredibly renewing.

Now I've got a ton of work to make up, and very little time to do it. Thank goodnews Lost is a repeat tonight.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger MetroDad said...

Glad you're feeling better, Margalit! Sounds like it's been a rough week. Rest up this weekend! Hope all is well.

27/4/06 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.