HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 14, 2006

The Pee Report

Today I lost 4 pounds by taking twice as much Lasix as I usually do. Four pounds. That's a lot of water sitting down there in my poor aching feet. Last night I looked at those dogs and they were the size and shape of elephant feet. I kid you now, my ankles had gone way beyond cankles and were heading towards balloons under the skin. When this happens, there is no other option but to spend the day peeing it all out. I've tried to convince my doctor that there needs to be a better way to get all this water out than making the throne available for 10 hours of constant use, but no. This is the only way save going to the hospital and being catheterized. And mind you, I did think of that at one point during a trudge to the toilet.

What cracks me up about this whole situation is that I can feel the water leaving my lower legs. And also that there are times when I pee and think I'm done and then I pee again. I can go through a whole roll of Ultra Charmin in one day. I say that proudly. Try and accomplish that without a rotovirus!

Now that I can get my shoes on again, and can walk without sloshing, I'm feeling much better. But I still have to go and pee right now.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

that doesn't sound like fun at all... but cheer up, for Michele says hi.

14/4/06 7:12 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Yikes, sounds like a not-so-comfy way to spend the day, but I'm glad it's working. Yay!

Here today from Michele's.

14/4/06 7:19 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

It does seem like there should be an easier way. Hope you don't have to go through this one again soon!

Here from Michele, hello!

14/4/06 7:25 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

'walk without sloshing'

That gave me a giggle, thankyou!

Here from Blue Monkey Jammies via Michele

14/4/06 7:40 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I echo what Leslie said. Doesn't sound fun at all.

Here via Michele.

14/4/06 7:41 PM  
Blogger Chatty said...

I do that without swelling and lasix. They are talking about putting my name on the bathroom door at work! LOL

Stopping via Michele's.

14/4/06 7:50 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Congratulations...you are one of the few people who got my guest blogger correct.

15/4/06 12:33 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

ACK! I hope you're taking Potassium, too? Put your feet up and take it easy!

15/4/06 7:52 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

ACK! I hope you're taking Potassium, too? Put your feet up and take it easy!

15/4/06 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.