HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thwack!

The kids went out to play a little baseball this evening. I think they might not know their own strength.

First the Girl comes running in all excited because she broke her first wooden bat. Wow, I'm suitably impressed. You gotta hit hard to break a bat.


Then the Boy comes in a bit later holding up parts of the baseball.


Guess we're heading to the sporting goods store tomorrow.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger srp said...

Wow! Could it be that "cotton candy" drink? No, not likely. Maybe an aluminum bat?

I agree with you, that soda sounds like crap. I was nauseated reading about it. 48 grams of carbs, all sugar, all soluble, no fiber to counteract. That is more carbs than my diabetic mom is allowed in three days.

9/4/06 9:21 PM  
Blogger srp said...

This is the fourth time I've done it this weekend... forgot to say Michele sent me.

9/4/06 9:21 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

What are you FEEDING them?

Look on the bright side: the upcoming Pesach diet will sap them of any excess energy and preserve whatever sports equipment you have in the house.

:)

9/4/06 9:25 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Carmi,

The thing is, our pesach diet is probably much more similar to our regular diet than most people. We're a low carb kinda family due to my health issues and the fact that I am trying to lose more weight. I'm down around 50 lbs now, and I've got a bit more to go (which is the understatement of the century!).

We LOVE pesach food. My daughter is dying to break open the dried fruits and my son can't wait to hit the KLP chocolate spread. Me, I'm jonesing for Matzoh Brie.

9/4/06 10:33 PM  
Blogger Amused Observer said...

actually, it isn't hard to break a wooden bat. depends on where the ball hits along the grain.

9/4/06 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.