HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Unfrickingbelievable!

If I didn't hear it with my own ears, I'd say it was impossible. But listen up, peeps, because I'm going to tell you about a WONDERFUL teacher in our school system.

Now, pick yourselves up off the floor and listen to this! I know, it's really shocking after months of me complaining nonstop about the middle school experience. But sometimes life just turns out to be completely different than you expect, or something equally as vapid.

The phone rings, and the Boy answers it because the Girl isn't allowed to use the phone anymore, and I was "occupied". I hear him chatting away, talking about what he's doing this week, times he's busy, etc. and I ASSume that he's talking to his guitar teacher.

But no, he's not. His Latin teacher called to volunteer to help him with his Romulous paper. She CALLED HIM. Out. Of. The. Blue. To volunteer to HELP. She is a Goddess amongst the Gods. This, my friends, is what being a teacher is about. This is a woman that gets what her job is, that wants to help kids having problems, to encourage, and to go beyond her job description.

So, hats WAY WAY off to Mrs. Langston for being the kind of teacher I love and admire. The kind of teacher I was way back when I was teacher, and the kind of teacher I believes a huge raise in pay just because she cares and wants the best for her students.

You hear that, certain middle school teachers? The difference between you and this high school teacher:

She encourages
You discourage
She sees the best in students
You see the worst
She uses her vacation to help
Lord only knows what you're doing, but it's not helping
She understands her job is to teach
You collect a paycheck and complain bitterly
She LIKES her students
You spurt hatred from every pore


Go Latin!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.