HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Urp!

Well, two huge meals certainly haven't cleansed out my digestive system. I'm kinda writhing in matzoh ball hell. I make a nice light matzoh ball, but I also make a lot of them. They're delicious, you tend to eat more than you should, and wow, you can regret it.

The Seder last night was lovely. Everything was cooked on time, we did a nice service with only a couple of hysterical moments per child, and everything was delicious. In fact, it was so good, we never even bothered with dessert because we were all stuffed. At one point, the Girl called a time out so she could 'recline' on the sofa because she could no longer stand.

There is something about working so hard and hating every moment of the whole getting ready for Pesach that, when it culminates in a nice Seder and a great meal, makes it all worthwhile. I'm proud of the Boy for being such an excellent helper. He peeled more carrots than I ever though he'd have patience for, he helped make both the chicken soup and the gefilte fish, and he even helped herb the turkey, something I don't recommend for the faint of heart. The Girl, she wasn't helpful. She came home from school on Wed., went up to her room, and promptly fell asleep. When she woke up, everything was pretty much done.

Today when I awakened I was so tired I could barely move. I had a meeting at the Boy's school at 8:45 but changed it to 1:00 because there was just no way I could even think about staying awake and alert. In fact, at 1:00 I was still out of it. I don't have the stamina for this type of intensive preparation anymore. I wish I did, but I don't.

Saturday afternoon we'll hopefully have a visit from our friend who has been in such turmoil. We've spoken to our friend on the phone several times, and hopefully we'll be able to get together on Saturday for a nice visit. I think we're all looking forward to it.

Have you been reading the various "Lost Blogs" posts? I've been reading them all week, and I've guessed more than a few, but some have me so stumped I just have no idea. One guy unfortunately spent a whole night googling for answers and posted them on his blog, but I feel strongly that this is cheating, and didn't read his blog. I have absolutely NO clue who Dave of Blogography and Belinda of Ninja Poodles are writing about. None. Completely confuzzled. I can't wait till the answers are posted tomorrow. It's like a Trading Spaces reveal. I'm so excited.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Star said...

I haven't seen the Lost Blog posts. SOunds intriguing. Enjoy your holiday. Isn't it a great feeling when you produce a meal like that and it's well enjoyed? Great, but exhausting.

14/4/06 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.