HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 22, 2006

The lilting song of the flute


Dear Neighbor,

I love to hear you practice your flute in the morning. It is relaxing and peaceful to hear a long flute playing on a sunny spring day. I also like to hear your students playing for you when they come to your house for lessons.

What I don't like is when you have a day-long recital and not inform any of your neighbors that there will be many many strange cars going up and down our shared driveway, parking willy nilly all over our parking area, sitting on MY front lawn on blankets waiting for their kids, dropping garbage onto MY lawn and garden, and taking my parking space if I happen to go out.

I know that this is your livlihood and you've been doing this for as long as you have lived in your house. But that doesn't give you priority over the lawn, garden, and driveway. You need to let your neighbors know when you're planning an all day recital, so we can plan accordingly.

You also need to tell your stupid clients that I don't live in a garbage dump and I don't live in a public park. They are NOT invited to lay down on my lawn, picnic on my lawn, set up camp on my lawn, or in fact step on my lawn without my expressed permission.

You also need to tell them about parking. This isn't your driveway. It is shared by four homes. Your clients should respect the rights of the residents and not park in the spaces reserved for residents. Your neighbor (that would be ME) is handicapped and needs her space right in front of her house. It is rude to ignore your neighbor's needs, especially after I've asked you and your clients repeatedly NOT to park in my space.

You run a business, just as I do, out of your home. Note that MY business partners, when they come for meetings during the week, do not park in your space. They park in the extra spaces in front of the barn. Spaces that are marked for visitors. You know why? Because I told them not to park in the resident spaces.

While we're on the subject of your behavior, would you PLEASE stop threatening my kids if they step onto the side lawn. When they are playing ball in OUR yard, and the ball meanders over to your side yard, they have to go and get it. They aren't doing anything damaging, they just want to retrieve their ball. Shaking your fists at them isn't winning them over. Note that when your son comes home from college, he disrupts the entire neighborhood with loud music, pot smoking, cigarette smoking, and cars picking up and dropping off with the radio blaring in the middle of the night. He's disruptive and yet you get annoyed when my kids simply go to get their soccer ball.

I've tried very hard to be a good neighbor. I've shoveled your car out of the snow. I've given you bounty from our garden (and didn't get a thank you). I've added a lot of pretty things to the garden and worked on making my house look attractive. I've kept my kids away from you. I only ask in return that you keep your fricking clients OUT of my handicapped parking space. Is that so much to ask.

Your neighbor,
Margalit
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Good lord! Sounds like neighbors-from-hell! GEEZ! Also...I'm really surprised to hear that there are rude people in Boston...(lol)

22/5/06 9:25 PM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Wow that sounds like a peach of a neighbor.

23/5/06 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.