HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 20, 2006

My first semi-drunken post

I'm not the worlds biggest drinker. I rarely indulge in large amounts of alcohol, but lately I've been feeling more and more that I need a little drinkie-poo to get through the day. Nothing to worry about, I really don't drink a lot, but man, there are those days.


Today was very busy for a lovely spring day. I got up early, and the Boy and I went to the city plant sale, where we bought some herbs to replace those washed away in the deluge. We also bought a few new perennials for the beds. On the way home we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for some coffee, and then headed home where the Girl was waiting for us.

She and I had made plans to go the the city art show, which is held all over the city in artist's houses and in public buildings. Our first stop was the JCC, but they were only open on Sunday. Uh Duh!

But, while we were there, the huge parking lot was empty so I let both kids try to drive the car for the first time. It was hilarious. They were so true to form. The Boy was scared and drove about 2 mph and did a great job. He had a blast, but he was so overly careful. Then the Girl got behind the wheel and she didn't listen all that carefully to the directions, as usual. She almost drove over a curb and she was laughing so hard and talking so much she didn't look where she was going. Typical! A couple of times around the empty lot and then we went home, dropped off the Boy, and the Girl and I went on to a few houses on the artist's tour.

The first house was a fricking MANSION with all caps. It was such a gorgeous house, right on the lake with spectacular water views. There was a big barn/studio in the back near the pool, and several artists were showing their works. The work was great, but the house. Oh my god, it was unbelievable. HUGE, gorgeous landscaping, a brick circular driveway. To die for. We also went to another cool house with the most amazing golden oak woodwork throughout, and old english tiles set into the woodwork. Very very beautiful.

Then I dropped the Girl off at her babysitting job, and the Boy and I did a couple of hours of gardening, finishing off the big bed, planting the perennials and some cosmos and lupin seeds, putting in the tomato bed, and finally planting the herbs. Everything looks great, and I'm happy it's finally done. What a lot of work!

This evening I went out with my friend Iris looking for shrugs for her daughter to wear to the many b'nai mitzvah she's going to attend this upcoming year. We went to Bloomingdales first, and then to a ritzy mall across the street. After hitting about 20 stores and finding nothing suitable because it's an odd time to be buying shrugs, I guess, we headed to the Cheesecake Factory Bar, where we proceeded to have some delicious drinks. I had several Mojitos, she had a candy apple martini. We had a great time once we finally got seated at the bar. I love me a mojito. Minty cool, perfect for this time of year.


By the time I got home I was feeling no pain. But the Girl, she's entertaining. She has several friends over and they're sitting on the front porch chatting. Lots of drama going on, much of which I can't yet share. But oh, the teenage angst. It's painful!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

13 Comments:

Blogger Goodbye Mes Amis said...

I LOVE LOVE mojitos! Especially when they use fresh mint. I once had a not so good one that had mint flavouring in it.
Here from Michele's!

20/5/06 9:29 PM  
Blogger Common Sense Beauty said...

I'm headed to Mexico in a couple weeks at an all inclusive resort. Maybe I better try one. HA
Michele sent me and thanks for stopping in tonight at my blog

20/5/06 9:30 PM  
Blogger Wordnerd said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my site...had to come check yours out. It's so much fun here I'm sure to come back!

20/5/06 9:35 PM  
Blogger Adeline said...

Nice Blog :)

20/5/06 9:37 PM  
Blogger panthergirl said...

Mmmmmmm Mojito!!!!

(but 13 year old kids driving your car? You MUST be drunk!)

Here via michele!

20/5/06 9:39 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I have not had a mojito yet, but I may try one soon if they are minty.

Thanks for the offer to help with the blogroll. If I can't figure out OOLOTH'S instructions, I will come begging for your help!

20/5/06 11:03 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Gorgeous blog!

Here from Michelles,

20/5/06 11:11 PM  
Blogger ~Ivy said...

I remember my first driving lessons..LOL...

Michele sent me..

20/5/06 11:44 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, Margalit - art, shopping, children and alcohol! :-)

What's in a Mojito?

cq

21/5/06 2:41 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yum. Mojitos are great, but they're sneaky little buggers. Two and I'm down for the count.


Ah, to be a teenager again. The angst, the passion, the idiocy.

21/5/06 3:00 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

We drank mojitos all last summer; they are our favorite drink. Even after getting sick from them, I'm still coming back; they're THAT GOOD.

21/5/06 8:58 AM  
Blogger mwgrl5 said...

I love mojitos. It's hard to find a bar in the Chicago suburbs that serves it right with mint leaves and everything. Last week I found they made them at Cheeseburger in Paradise; I immediately ordered one elated.

It was awful. I never send alcohol back - I sent this back.

Hmm...to find a tasty mojito again...

Floated here via BlogMad. I'll have to visit again!

21/5/06 3:11 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Speaking of driving....I just posted about our son who did his first driving at 3. Michele sent me.

21/5/06 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.