HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Do you qualify for US Citizenship?

Apologies to the non-US readers. This is a very American-centric post. You don't have to feel at all guilty about skipping this post....or you can prove how smart you are against us dumb Americans. Oh, you know you want to! So read on.



Tonight I was talking to a friend, and we got to discussing what it takes to pass the naturalization test to become a US Citizen. I actually had no clue, having been born a 4the or 5th generation American, depending on which side of the family you're looking at. So I looked it up and then took the test. I was surprised at how easy it was. I thought they would ask much more in-depth questions, but then again, I was born here and took so many years of US History in school that I ended up teaching both Civics (Government) and US History to high school students for quite a few years. I read that most American cannot pass the test on the first try. The passsing grade is 80%. I won't tell you what I got, but I passed it with flying colors. Then again... taught it, learned it, now doing it again with my kids.... So I'm not a good test subject. Or I'm too good of a test subject. I wish I could give this to Bush. I bet he can't pass it.

Go take the test. Go ahead, I'll wait. It doesn't take long. OK, it can take forever because there is no end to the test. So do 100 questions. That's 20 different pages of questions, 5 per page. Be sure to check your answers on each page and keep track of how many you missed. The real test has 100 questions, so it's like you're doing it for real. And if you get doubles, hey... more power to you!

Dum de dum, la la la...

Oh, you're back so soon! How did you do?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger mar said...

Hi, via Miss Wings but you know I know my way to your blog! I am not a US citizen, I will certainly flunk this test but I will take it after breakfast. Gotta feed those brain cells! see you soon again.

29/6/06 2:06 AM  
Blogger Denzylle said...

I did 20 pp, and got 69, so 69%.

I'm English, living in England.

29/6/06 9:08 AM  
Blogger mar said...

I wanted you to know I started taking that test and wasn't doing badly (loved the double questions, I paid attention to the wrong ones so I got them right the next time!) but it seemed to take forever and didn't tell you how many you had done or how many you had left to complete the test... loved some alternatives, should have written them down!

29/6/06 1:10 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Did 20 pages, got a 98. It was sort of fun, and it made me feel smart.

29/6/06 4:31 PM  
Blogger Juliness said...

I passed. In the words of Forrest Gump, "And that's all I have to say about that." How surprising to not know some *basic* stuff. Thanks for the visit, by the way.

1/7/06 3:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Cow is a Cow said...

I got 88% right.

1/7/06 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.