HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 08, 2006

A few disjointed ramblings

Today is better. Not great yet, but better. I read both kids the riot act, and let them know that I'm not taking much more of this behavior. Maybe it sank in, at least a bit.

---

Am I the only person alive that things that the murder of al-Zarqawi isn't going to change a thing in Iraq? Today's continuation of the bombings all over Baghdad certainly comfirm that thngs aren't going to change anytime soon. I'm so discouraged because this is such a huge sinkhole of wasted effort, money, and especially American and British soldiers. They need to be home. This war is just a joke. I can't even stand watching the news and hearing about more civilians killed every day, never mind the constant loss of soldiers.

---

My job is beginning to really ramp up, and it looks like I will be spending a lot more time blogging over there and doing research for the blog than I had originally thought I would. It's good, I'm really liking the work and I'm finding it all quite interesting, but still, time is my enemy.

---

My feet are the size of elephant's feet and sitting most of the day isn't helping matters at all. I need to figure out a way to work and keep my feet elevated over my heart. Anyone have any tangible suggestions for me?

---

Babies, and more babies are arriving to my infertility blogging friends. It's all just so exciting. Persephone had her twins (both boys) last week, and yesterday Cecily's daughter Tori arrived. Congrats to the new moms, and I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm loving the babies. I'm still waiting for word on Loobylu. 40 weeks and 1 day. The countdown continues.

---

I'm really not sleeping well at all, which is affecting my sunny personality. I'm grouchy and grumpy and everything sets me on my last nerve. But at least today, after a mid-morning meeting, I got to stop at a lovely crafts store on the other end of town, and spent a bit of time ooohing and aaaaahing all the gorgeous stuff.

---

Speaking of stuff, and crafts for that matter, have you guys tried Stylehive yet? Do you see the orange banner on my sidebar? If you click it, it will take you to stylehive, which is a collective shopping/browsing experience. All the cool kids are doing it, and man, is it addictive. My passion is art glass. I'd spend every last penny I had on it, if I had any last pennies to spare, which I don't. I love modern crafts in general, but glass... it just moves me in ways that nothing else does. I just love it. It's cool and clear and pretty and so colorful and fragile. Anyhow, if you watch the flash show on my stylehive, you'll get the idea. I put all my art glass links on the badge. I've got a lot of other things to look at, as do plenty of other people. It's so much fun, too. Try it!

---

Worthless Pet is totally freaking out about the rain. Yes, still raining here tonight. It's supposed to be horrible tomorrow (Friday) with more flooding. Yippee, maybe I'll just buy a canoe. You don't need a driving license for that, right? We haven't had any water problems at all, but we're lucky. So many people are flooded out. It's such a mess, and it just doesn't stop raining. Tonight the 5 day forecast said it would be partly sunny on Sunday, and then another storm. Funny thing is, we had similar weather last summer, only without the serious flooding.

---

That's about it. Lots more going on, but nothing I can share here. Teenage angst redux.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger NotSoccer Mom said...

i cannot agree with you more about al-Zarqawi and about the war. you are not the only one!

9/6/06 12:54 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

It's hard to keep your feet up when you have to sit like that. I hope that your sleep problems get much better!

Here from Michele's!

9/6/06 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.