HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's Transition Thursday


Today was the big day of transitions here at Chez Changes-are-Good. This morning was the middle school graduation, and now we finally are DONE with middle school forever. YAHOO! The graduation ceremony was fairly short and sweet, and they had a bit of a meet and greet afterwards, but NO FOOD. What kind of a graduation ceremony doesn't have anything to nosh on or a bit to drink in the heat of summer. Harumph.


The Girl looked lovely despite all her complaints about her hair, etc. She definately had the nicest dress of all her friends, although some of the girls, wowee! I guess I hadn't seen a lot of them together, but this school was zit central. Poor kids, it's such a horrible age.

After graduation we got home and changed and I had to go to my last therapy appointment. Actually, I could have skipped it. We basically finished terminating last week, and there wasn't much else to say. I'm glad it's over. I'm looking forward to having that time back in my life.

The guy that took me home got lost and took me on a tour of our town. It was kinda pleasant to sit back and admire all the garden, but man, a lot of houses are for sale right now. Prices are dropping, too. It's a buyer's market all of a sudden.

And the biggest news of all is a great transition. The Girl is going to camp for a month, leaving next Wed. She's really looking forward to going as she loves camp. It sure will be quiet without her around, but the Boy is so happy to have alone time with me. I'm putting him to work, though. He doesn't know it yet. He'll be working through the SAT books and he'll be doing some work for my company surfing the web. It will keep him busy.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Nadiah Alwi said...

She really does look beautiful and gets the best dress!

You must be happy having such a pretty lovely girl...

My daughter is 2 now, hope she can grow up as beautiful as yours.

Love,
Nadiah

22/6/06 10:27 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Ah, isn't Girl gorgeous? :-)

Hope she enjoys camp, and you enjoy some quality time with Boy.

Wonderful pictures, Margalit...

cq

23/6/06 4:18 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

Again, seems your girl and my middle girl have lots in common (check out my penultimate post). I still have a second grader--the end of middle school is seven years off!

24/6/06 1:34 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

cool deal. congratulations!

24/6/06 2:01 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Mazel tov on reaching this major milestone. Everyone looks so happy in your pictures...clearly a day to remember for a lifetime.

They grow too fast. Sometimes I wish I could slow the process down.

24/6/06 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.