HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 16, 2006

Some family fun for this weekend

I am an insomniac, so I watch the ABC news in the middle of the night. I'm gonna be honest, I couldn't care less about the news, but the talking head delivering it is just so adorable that I'm a close to a stalker fan. If you're up really really late, check out Ron Corning. He's too cute for words.

Anyhow, they tend to have a bit of fluff on the news at that time of night, and last night they had a great story on how to make a safe but big explosion. Nobody loves an explosion more than my family... we're really big on making a big mess out in the back yard. And this one looks to be particularly fun, according to the shots they had on the news.

You only need two items, a 2-litre bottle of diet Coke and a large pack of Mentos.

You open the coke, put 13 mentos into the coke bottle, and let her rip. The Coke explodes upwards of 20 feet. How can you deny this kind of fun to your kids? Here's some video from the news to illustrate how to make the explosion.

Who needs to travel to Las Vegas when you can have the Bellagio fountains in your own backyard? These guys are real artists.

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

16 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

why do i have a feeling that your son has just purchased thousands of mentos?

16/6/06 10:05 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

That looks cool. Now I have to go buy mentos and diet coke.

Michele sent me.

16/6/06 10:09 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Here from Michele's. I heard about that trick a few weeks ago. Some people just have too much time on their hands!

16/6/06 10:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I saw this on the news this morning. My son went crazy! Here via Michele tonight!

16/6/06 10:46 PM  
Blogger David said...

hi from michele

16/6/06 10:55 PM  
Blogger Dara said...

oh, I think I want to try this! lol. Will probably wait till 4th of July since fireworks have been banned for years due to lack of rain. Here from Michele's.

16/6/06 11:01 PM  
Blogger rampant bicycle said...

Heheh...god bless late night fluff. ;) Reminds me vaguely of a toy submarine that came in a cereal box once...you put baking soda and...was it vinegar? What was it? Anyway, you put the two things together and it was supposed to take off and go zipping through the water. Certainly didn't work as well as THIS though. ;)

Oh, and Michele sent me.

16/6/06 11:07 PM  
Blogger Dara said...

Yes, there is a stupa in Vermont, one in Washington, NJ, and several outside of Washington, DC. If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it! Thanks for stopping by.

16/6/06 11:13 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

I'm SO going to have to give this a try. I'm all for some cool home-based chemistry experiments that won't melt the neighborhood down.

16/6/06 11:19 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

[chuckle]

It's giving me ideas for OldOldLady's party...

Nice one, Margalit

cq

17/6/06 10:14 AM  
Blogger Wordnerd said...

I'm so glad I have a 14-year-old son -- I'd look pretty silly out there trying it myself. We made a vow a few months back that we were going to try this. This is the. Coolest. Thing. Ever.

Visiting from Michele's...happy Saturday!

17/6/06 1:25 PM  
Blogger mar said...

I read about this, Margalit. It won't stop me from drinking diet coke, lol. here via Michele's!

17/6/06 2:14 PM  
Blogger rashbre said...

I also spotted this and posted something. Great minds think alike. Yes I am watching the USA try to beat a great European team at soccer.

Here via Michele's.

rashbre

17/6/06 2:21 PM  
Blogger Tia said...

that is just CRAZY!!!!!!!!! Whoaaaaaa! Outrageous! Thanks for sharing that! Here from Michele's! =)

17/6/06 3:49 PM  
Blogger Mitey Mite said...

This is too cool! Mentos and Diet Cokes are on my shopping list.

Here from Michele's

17/6/06 3:50 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hi...from Michele's.
This is really something. And since I detest Coke...diet or regular...seems like a pretty good thing to do with it.
I can see 4th of July at your house....lol
http://www.islandwriter.net

17/6/06 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.