HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Blogathon 2006 Post #15

We got the new IKEA catalog in the mail today and it's sitting on the dining room table begging me to look through it but this Blogathon is taking all my time. By the time I finish one post, it's time to start on the next. I don't even have time to look at the other Blogathoners to see what they're posting about. Never mind following the liveblogging at Blogher. Oh yeah, Blogher. That silly little get-together in San Jose that every mommy blogger is attending. Which is why your traffic is so low. I also can't even look at Bloglines to see who else is posting. I'm so behind! I feel frenzied.

I often think about....

The middle east. That would not be exclusively Israel and her immediate surrounding countries that wish her driven into the sea, but about Iran and Iraq and even Pakistan. I think about the oppressive life that women lead in those countries (other than Israel). I think about how fundamentalism has created nations of hatred and jihad. I think about how the most beautiful Koran has been manipulated and misinterpreted by men who keep most of their population illiterate so they cannot rise up and argue that the Koran doesn't agree with sharia law.

Mostly though, I think of my beloved Israel. A country so small and yet so huge in the political world. A country loathed by the United Nations, the press, and most of the world. A country with a small, but learned population that is hated for it's religious beliefs. Religious beliefs that are barely in the majority anymore.


I think about how people hate Israel because it is a Jewish state. And how people hate the Jews with no rational thought behind their hatred. When people make anti-Israeli statements, they're really making anti-Jewish statements. When people say things like "Jew her down" and "cheap as a Jew" and "Jews control the media" and "She's a JAP", they're saying things about me and my family that are untrue. I hate stereotyping. HATE IT. And yet Jews are stereotyped all the time as rich, money grubbing, ruthless people. Heck, look at our family. We're as poor as churchmice. And I'm as frugal as they get, but I give freely to charity/tzedakah. I'm blogging today for charity. I do this because I can't possibly give as much as I can earn through sponsors, so I give of myself instead.

I think that people ought to familiarize themselves with the entire Israeli history in order to understand her stance. I think people ought to think for themselves and not believe the very biased media on Israel. I think that it's horribly sad that I have to say this, because so few people actually even bother to know the history of Israel and make sweeping but entirely erroneous statements like "they STOLE the land from the Palestinians". Uh, wrong wrong and wrong. Read the history of how Israel was founded. There were no Palestinians. The land was bought with money. Please, be informed before you argue otherwise.


What do you often think about?

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

Okay, so this isn't quite so heavy, but here's what I wonder sometimes...

Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

*your weird site monitor creeps out*

29/7/06 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.