HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Blogathon 2006 post #27

Once again it is my pleasure to fill in for my mom.

So how was school today? Part 1 of 3

School wasn't always an issue for me. Although I despised it, it came easily to me. I was always flying through the work I was given. So much, in fact that I even finished all the work in my third grade curriculum before the second semester of my school. Finding work that was challenging or even easy became an extremely difficult and daily task. It got so bad that my mom pulled me out of school and decided to home-school me until we could find another school. When the time came for me to go back into a school setting I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know if the work would be hard or easy. However I really didn't expect them to move me up into fourth grade. Being bumped up a grade had it's pros and cons, for example, I could brag to my friends about how young I was to be in fourth grade, but then I realized that bragging would only distance me further from those friends. The worst was yet to come. The transition from 3rd to 4th grade wasn't easy. I went from being a kid who never got homework , to being completely overwhelmed with homework. Sure it was only 45 minutes to an hour a night, yet still, I didn't know how to deal with everything that was being forced upon me. So my mentality about school completely changed. I went from doing all my work on time to never doing it at all. I became incredibly unfocused, I never EVER did homework, and to top it all off,I had teachers who despised me because they were threatened by my intelligence. It was so bad that I even had a teacher who would take my work, throw it away, and say I never did it.

stay tuned for the next installment of, So how was school today?

P.S. have you ever had trouble in school?

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Grownups aren't supposed to say this, but I HATED school. Hated it. Until college. Actually, until college THAT I PAID FOR MYSELF, would be more accurate.

29/7/06 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.