HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Blogathon 2006 Post # 28

I see the Boy has chosen to speak of his school experiences. Since he rarely talks to me about this, it should be an interesting read for me as well as for you. He's a great kid, but he's not kidding when he says he hated school. His school experiences have been less than stellar as a rule, which is what got me into advocating in the first place. I can't wait for the next installment!

Anyhow, the next topic is:

I am waiting for....

Godot. No, seriously. Ok, I'm a wiseass. I can't help it.


I am actually waiting for a time when my kids will learn to accept each other's differences and be better friends. Right now, it's bicker bicker bicker. With a pinch of hormones and a dash of nastiness. Fun for all! I know that eventually they'll get over their inane hatred of each other and be better friends, but this stuff gets really ugly at times. Last night they got into it bigtime over nothing and the Boy got really ugly. After at least 2 dozen swearwords passed his lips in one minute, I sent him upstairs for the night, which was a huge punishment as it's sweltering up there. He got so mad he punched a hole in the wall.

I'm sorry, but that level of anger at each other is unacceptable. It's one reason the Girl is rarely home. She picks and runs. She's pretty offensive herself, and she knows better than just about anyone how to get under your skin. But he's not innocent either, and he says terrible things when provoked. They both need to have their mouths stitched shut. Eventually they'll learn how to behave themselves with each other. And I'm waiting patiently for that day. OK, not so patiently. Not patiently at all.

What are you waiting for?

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Just remember, Boy (something I've had to learn myself, although I've never punched a hole in anything): You are truly never so weak, so vulnerable, as when you are angry. To maintain your wits about you, to be able to keep calm in the face of frustrations, THAT is POWER, my friend. Learn to wield it, and you will rule your world.

29/7/06 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.