HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Blogathon 2006 Post # 32

I'm getting sleepy. Sleepy. My eyes are drooping. Yawn. Snore..... Oh, yes, I own you another post. Silly me!

I feel sad when.....


I can't get my children the things they want and sometimes need due to my financial situation. We live in a very tony 'burb in a very expensive city. My housing costs take up at least 3/4 of my disability check. There is VERY little left for specials, never mind the usual things that kids need. My kids would love their own Ipods, but that isn't going to happen. The Boy is dying for a 35 mm camera. He'd like a digital one, but he'd be happy with a film version. I look all the time on craigslist, but nobody seems to be selling them for a price I can afford, like free.

Both of my kids are in desperate need of new mattresses. The ones they sleep on were hand-me-downs from a friend. She's 44 years old and they were her beds as a child. Good beds, but they're ancient and horribly uncomfortable with springs sticking out.

The boy needs all new clothing for fall, including a coat. He refuses to stop growing, the lout. Since he hasn't even begun the growth spurt and he's already 5'7, I think we're going to be buying new clothes every few months. I can't even begin to figure out where that money is coming from.

I hate depriving my kids of stuff they need. I don't mind that much about the 'extras', but it hurts me terribly to see them not get what they need because I just can't do it financially.


What makes you sad?

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.