HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 17, 2006

BlogMe? Nope, Blog American Family

In the spirit of meeting, BlogHer devotees have come up with a mini Blog Marathon. I interviewed Amber of American Family. If you haven't yet discovered this blog, run over and read a few posts. I can wait.... There, aren't you glad you checked her out. And for those of you pressed for time, here's a short summary: Mixed heritage family raising one biological child and waiting anxiously for their referral to come from China for their second child. Very funny stories of seriously nutty Mother-in-Law (ok, they're funny if you're not living them!), some controversial posts about adoptive breastfeeding, and lots of delightful tales of living in an adorable midwestern town. So meet Amber:

1. What blogs do you read every day, rain or shine?

I have 160 feeds on my RSS feed reader. I check it about 50 times a day and people just do NOT update often enough. My favorites are Dawn (http://www.thiswomanswork.com), Grrltravels (http://blog.grrltravels.com/blog), Shelba (http://michele.typepad.com/shelba/), and Figlet (http://figlet.blogs.com/figlet) and a few other people who probably wouldn't appreciate me sending extra traffic their way. My answer is totally cheating though, because I know those people outside of the blog world and I am dying to know what they are doing each day.

2. Why did you choose to share that piece of yourself in a photograph?


I don't put too many pictures of myself in my blog because I am terrified that total strangers will come up to me on the street and start asking me personal questions about my life. The picture on my blog right now is of my daughter picking flowers in our yard. You can't see her face in it, but I can tell it is her.


3. What don�t you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?
I don't write about anything that could get us fired from our jobs. Not that we are doing anything that interesting right now, but it seems like a prudent policy to have. Also, I don't write about the specifics of my sex life. I write about sex, just not the sex that I am actually having (heh, or not!) with my husband.

4. What is your favorite thing that you wrote? What got a strong reaction from readers? Links please?
I like my post about the time we almost got kicked out of JCrew (http://americanfamily.typepad.com/american_family/2005/04/a_i_get_kicked_.html). I also liked my mothers day post this year (http://americanfamily.typepad.com/american_family/2006/05/for_mothers_day.html) because helped me remember how far I have come.
Other people seemed to like posts about my Mother in Law. (http://americanfamily.typepad.com/american_family/2004/11/jesus_and_the_a.html and also http://americanfamily.typepad.com/american_family/2005/05/what_the_fuck_h.html ) That is because they don't have to deal with her in person.


5. Have you written anything controversial? Is blogging controversial?

Good lord, I have never seen such controversy as the time I posted a picture of a erect plastic penis model. It was clearly FAKE people! It is used in HIGH SCHOOLS for crying out loud. Kids need to practice putting on condoms and they sure can't practice on each other! There is a long story about that controversy, but I can't post it just yet. I promise I will share it by the end of the year.


6. What is your favorite book (or books) and why?

The Temple of My Familiar by Alice Walker. It is beautifully written. Gish Jen's The Love Wife because it is freakishly similar to my life. Oh, and I could read the Anne of Green Gables books a thousand times and never tire of them.
Thanks, Amber for taking the time to share some of your blog with us. I love reading your updates and hope others enjoy them as well.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Mocha said...

Amber sounds positively fascinating! I enjoyed the intro you gave to her to tell more about her.

Thanks for joining in!

17/7/06 1:27 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hopping over from the Blogme Mixer. I enjoyed reading your interview and looking around your site as well.

18/7/06 4:47 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

The Grapes of Wrath - Kind of one of those fascinating history as literature fictional masterpiece

23/7/06 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.