HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dentist McDreamy lives in Boston

Lucky me. I got to spend my entire birthday either in traffic, in a waiting room, and then getting the first part of my now extensive dental work done.

In case you hadn't heard, last night 2 very large cement and steel pieces of the roof of the tunnel leading to the airport fell off the tunnel ceiling and crushed a car, killing one woman and injuring a man. The tunnel entrance is closed, thus the tunnel is closed, making traffic this morning all round the city a complete and total nightmare. I had to go from my house to the South End, a trip that should take about a half hour on suface streets, and maybe 15 or 20 minutes by highway. Because all the traffic reports said that the highways would be a mess of congestion, I choose to take surface streets, Rt 9 to Mass Ave.


This was a mistake.

Not that I think any other route would have fared better, because closing off the tunnel to the airport and South Boston pushed thousands upon thousands of cars into alternate routes. What should have taken about a half hour instead took close to two hours.

Let us just say I was a tad bit annoyed by the time I got to the dentist and found that there was no parking, either on the street or in the parking lot. After driving around the block several times, I finally gave up and put it in valet parking about 2 blocks away.

The office waiting room was not air-conditioned. I don't know why, but it was humid and blistering hot in there. I got to sit and wait until 12:30 when the dentist finally came out to see me. Man I was crabby. But then...

Oh my! Dentist McDreamy. Tall, with big blond curls atop his head. Brilliant blue eyes with flecks of green. Very buff. Beautiful white teeth (to be expected, of course) and a charming accent. This guy was HOT. Mmmm mmmmm hot. Of course, the only thing worse than a hot gynecologist is a hot dentist. I almost bit him about 5 times staring into those baby blues whilst he was poking and prodding my mouth. I had to know more about him, so I asked the leading questions. "Where are you from?" "Syria." "How long have you been in the US?" "Two years. I was a dentist in Syria and now I'm doing two years of graduate school here." "Will you stay in the US or go back to Syria?" And the good news, ladies. He's staying!

I think he's a bit of a player because I overheard him talk to the woman in the next office about making plans to 'do something' this weekend. You gotta figure someone that hot was going to be either taken, gay, or a player. He totally cracked me up with his accent. He was poking around my neck and I asked him what he was looking for, and he said "Your lump nodes." I love a good malaprop!

Finally, at 3:30 he had taken off the broken piece of my tooth, attempted to fill the hole, then when the filling fell out, refilled the hole, and made plans for me to come back bright and early to either do a root canal, get a crown, or have the tooth removed and a bridge made. I'm rooting for the crown. It's the lesser of the evils, but I'm betting this tooth cannot be saved.

Got home around 4:15 and the boy had made me a cake, but he couldn't find the confectioner's sugar. I guess I'll have to frost it myself. It's GOTTA be better than last year's pink cake.

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily Barton said...

Oooh, I wish you could send him down here in time for my next appointment in September.

12/7/06 1:52 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

They have blondes in Syria?

14/7/06 11:22 PM  
Blogger panthergirl said...

My dentist is nice, but the last time he was working on my teeth I was staring up at a HUGE booger in his nostril. I wanted to vomit!! Definitely NOT McDreamy!!!

Here via michele today!

15/7/06 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.