HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Making insomnia worthwhile


After some deliberation, I did it. I signed up for Blogathon. I had been debating if I could think of enough blather to go on for 24 hours straight, and then I decided that if nothing else, I could bore you with stories of my miserable childhood and what funny things my kids said when they were babies. Fortunately, those cute quips are all preserved ready to be reborn if I totally run out of things to say.

I'm sponsoring Children's Hospital in Boston as my charity. I do so for a variety of reasons. The Boy spent 9 long weeks there a couple of years back, and he had amazing care throughout. I was extremely impressed with the hospital on an outpatient basis before, but when you have a child hospitalized for months at a time, you begin to see the workings of the hospital on a daily basis and you learn how caring and professional the staff is. Children's is known the world over as the hospital of last resort. They never ever turn away any child for lack of payment. If you have a sick child, they will do whatever it takes to make your child better, and insurance be damned.

The Girl has years of outpatient experiences at Childrens, including seeing the infamous Dr Ferber, getting her ear tubes placed, seeing doctors in the incontinence clinic when it appeared as if she would wear diapers to her college graduation, the neurology department, and now is a patient of their teen clinic. We have never had anything but an awesome experience there, and we've endured MRIs and CAT scans and EEGs and all sorts of horrible tests for gasterointestinal issues. Yup, my little girl was not a healthy baby, but she sure is now, thanks to Children's Hospital.

I ask you to please pledge your support to my Blogathon efforts by clicking on the Sponsor Me link on the very tip top of the left sidebar.

Please be generous and sponsor my charity. Help sick kids get the care they need!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger eph2810 said...

You know, even though from Germany, and now living in Arizona, I have heard great things about Boston Children's. How long could I sponsor? Because I just came across your blogathon..Please let me know - okay?

14/7/06 9:54 PM  
Blogger Prairierose said...

I'm doing the Blogathon as well. Maybe we can help keep each other awake, esp. in those wee earlier morning hours. I've off to sponsor you. Good luck!

15/7/06 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.