HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Midsummer doldrums

Have you noticed how many bloggers are talking about being down in the dumps. They're hot, they want to murder their obnoxious kids, their spouses are driving them nuts and their jobs suck? Yup, right on schedule, it's the midsummer doldrums. And man, do I have a serious case.

I think the intense heat the world is feeling right now, temperature wise and politically as well, is putting us all on edge. I know it's definately affecting me. I've been stuck in an air conditioned house for what seems like eons because I really can't spend time outside due to the noxious air quality. Very bad for my health, you see. So the alternative is to be stuck in the house with the king of hyperactivity who refuses to go anywhere or do anything other than watch movies on TV and playing loud annoying games on his Xbox. Man, this is so fun for me! I'm about ready to strangle the Boy. He is getting on my last nerve at least once an hour, sometimes more. I don't know what it is about that Boy, but he can just make me froth at the mouth when he starts being annoying. Which occurs, oh, lets say, 10 minutes after he awakens every afternoon and continues non-stop until he goes to sleep way too late.

Plus, the job. Can I just say Oy to the Frigging Vey and leave it at that? You don't want to know. Just take it from me, I'm no Dooce but geesh!

Sometimes I feel like all this internet angst is catchy. I read lots of parenting blogs, and they're filled with the angst all right. People waiting on their adoption papers, people whose kids poop on the floor, people who are having marital strife, people whose kids have hit the terrible twos and all of a sudden are getting a glimpse that their parenting skills really have little to do with controlling a child. All of that, pretty fricking normal. Just seems somewhat escalated right now, with so many SAHMs posting about this stuff at the same time.

Then, you add a pinch of complete disgust with the President for exercising his virgin veto on the stem cell funding bill, and the internet seems to heat up a notch more. Nobody could hate Bush more than I do. I think his pseudo science over the stem cell funding is atrocious and bring a bunch of children to the veto ceremony who may or may not have been created with donated embryos still doesn't mean that it's right for the government to have a say in anyone's genetic material, yours or mine. Yes, mine. I've donated 24 embroyos to some lucky families. I have no clue if they were used or not. If I don't care, why should the government. Those fertilized, 6 cell embroyos were MINE, not Bush's. Nevermind the dismal success rates of Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) vs the amazing things that could be done with stem cell research. Things like, oh, curing diabetes, alzheimers, parkinsons, and a host of other diseases. Yeah, why would we want to help cure the living when we can save a bunch of cells that probably won't ever have a hope of growing into a human. Never mind that one needs a uterus in order for those cells to grow.

And then there's the middle east. I'm sure it comes as no surprise to me regular readers where I stand on this latest development in the middle east. I plant my feet and my heart right in the middle of Israel. That's not to say that everything Israel does is right in my book, because it isn't. But I have very little sympathy for a country that allows a huge facet of terrorists to reside in their southern borders unhampered by government interference. If Lebanon wants Israel to leave them alone, perhaps they might consider kicking Hezbollah's collective butts out of their country. It certainly would make life easier for all concerned, right?

What his happening in Israel affects my disposition greatly. Rockets have rained down on Kiryat Shmona where we have family friends. They've shot up Afula, right by where I used to live. Haifa is no longer safe. And this is before the long range missles from Syria and Iran have been used to bomb Tel Aviv. That's coming. You know it is.

I have my ideas as to the solutions of this whole problem, but unfortunately nobody seems to care what I think. At least nobody in power, anyhow. But all this stuff, on top of my shredded hand and my insanely pathetic financial situation has put me over the top. I'm a walking bundle of nerves right now, and I'm doing just what depressed people all over the world do, I'm sleeping my life away. And watching the first season of Lost straight through.

Might I add that the Girl is coming home tomorrow morning. Oh Joy!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

12 Comments:

Blogger Carmi said...

I hear you re. Israel. The world seems to conveniently forget the whole refusal to recognize Israel thing. Or the shove them into the sea thing. Or the spontaneously rain rockets down on cities thing. Or the kidnap for provocation thing.

If any other country went in to clear out the mess and protect itself, it would be called heroic. Instead, Israel does the world's dirty work and is called criminal. Gotta love the lovely double standard.

Don't even get me started on the UN. This gives them another excuse to hate Jews.

22/7/06 6:29 PM  
Blogger carli said...

Hope things get better.
Michele sent me.

22/7/06 6:33 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

yep, that mid-summer angst is definitely going around. I've got it too. Michele sent me today!

22/7/06 7:02 PM  
Blogger Grins said...

Aww Margalit, I so wish I could invite you over for a relaxing girls night. You deserve some no fuss adult time.

22/7/06 7:04 PM  
Blogger deputyswife said...

Michele sent me.

It is all to depressing isn't it? You forgot to mention the economy. Gas $2.89 a gallon. Milk $2.59 a gallon. It all sucks.

22/7/06 7:42 PM  
Blogger Thumper said...

It's too hot to contemplate anything beyond one's own navel today. Well, that, and determining how long one can sit bare butt in the freezer...

Here via Michele's :)

22/7/06 7:44 PM  
Blogger bobealia said...

I hear ya, I hear ya, I hear ya, I hear ya. I was having a really sad week last week. This week was a bit better, or maybe a bit more in denial, or maybe a bit more productive. All we can do is keep on chugging. I hope next week brings better feelings for you too.

Michele sends her hugs.

22/7/06 8:47 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

There's something joyous about a child coming home. May your daughter's homecoming be a happy time for you all.

22/7/06 9:11 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

There is a lot of summer doldrums going around....

I am completely with you on the entire Israel thing.

Michele says hi.

22/7/06 9:25 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I had to read back 3-4 days to find out what happened to your hand. I have had a horror of cutting my hand in the disposal for years, and any time I have to stick my hand in it - the mind plays bad tricks on me. Luckily it never happened. Poor you! I hope that your heand heals well and soon, the war is over soon and you get some money from somewhere. If you get some, let me know whre it came from, cause I need some too!

Michele sent me.

22/7/06 9:53 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

This heat is enough to make one never even stir to do anything!!! Even the AC cannot handle all this three digit boiling stuff! Doldrums? OY! Yes. And the Middle East situation is so damn depressing....Guess I'll watch another DVD...you to Margalit. Glad your Girl is coming home.

23/7/06 4:43 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I am so with you on Israel - I can barely hear another word but I can't stop watching the news - I am so tired of the anti-Israel and the hate and the people who think Israel should just fall off the face of the planet because terrorist assholes think so....great post..

Wendy
http://wendyod10.typepad.com

24/7/06 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.