HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Viva Italia!


The FIFA World Cup is finally over, the Italians victorious over the French. After 4 World Cup failures, Italy can claim the title to the best soccer team in the world. The North End of Boston is going insane with joy, City Hall Plaza is crowded with fans jumping up and down, and all over the world, life can go back to normal. TVs can be shut off, kids can go outside and play soccer instead of watching it, and all is well with the world of football.



Tonight is gonna be one HUGE party in the North End. I wish we could go, but I'm thinking it might be just too much insanity for us. But man, what a great sports spectacle is the World Cup. Makes the Stuporbowl look positively pathetic. A month of sport that brings the world a bit closer together. That ain't a bad thing at all. No siree.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

We don't follow soccer, but it is wonderful the way the whole world rallied around their favorite teams and watched it all. Good for Italy!! Mr. kenju will be proud.

Michele sent me.

9/7/06 4:25 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

P.S. I am going to wish you an early happy birthday, since I may not get back here on the day!

9/7/06 4:26 PM  
Blogger David said...

ok I get soccer - but the germans and the English are no closer together, hehe micheles agrees

9/7/06 4:27 PM  
Blogger panthergirl said...

Woo hoo!!!!!! It was tied when I put it on earlier, so I'm glad to hear that Italy won. Because I'm Italian and all. :)

Here via michele!

9/7/06 4:49 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Back again, to say thanks for the visit, and to tell you that I, like your friend, realize how very lucky I was to be raised by my adoptive parents instead of my birth parents. I have no doubt I was raised by the people I was supposed to be with.

9/7/06 5:48 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

The crazies have been driving around all afternoon. I'm glad I parked the van and kept the kids inside. I'm all for fandom, but when it endangers lives, it's time to cut it off.

9/7/06 7:31 PM  
Blogger Emily Barton said...

And I missed it! But for a good reason. I was visiting Ellis Island, something else that, very briefly, in a huge room full of hopeful and terrified people (as one put it, "hoping to escape all the 'isms' of their lives"), brought the world closer together. (And which also made me appreciate my country a little more than I tend to do lately.)

9/7/06 9:54 PM  
Blogger Mommy off the Record said...

Yay for Italy!! I wish I lived in a city that had an Italian neighborhood. My mother was born in Italy and my father's parents are also Italian. I was there in the 80s when they won and it was madness. I was only 5 at the time, but I remember it vividly.

10/7/06 12:25 AM  
Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

It's Monday,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


Cindi

10/7/06 10:05 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Bravo, Italia, from a three-quarters Italian girl married to a fellow Italian. So I have an unpronouncable maiden AND married names.

Happy birthday to you!

10/7/06 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.