HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Who the hell are these people?

Like most of you, and don't you dare deny it because I know you lie like a rug, I read some celebrity gossip blogs. And by some, I mean a lot. Because I love me some celeb snark. But only if I know who the hell the celebrities are. Lately, I've been scratching my head a lot because I read these blurbs and I'm completely clueless as to whom they're referring to. The worst offender is the Celebrity Baby Blog. Where the hell do they come up with these 'celebrities'? I've never even heard their names, never mind the projects they cite to clue you in to who they're talking about. Like, say, Vadim Dale and Natalie Franzman, the star and winner of the 2004 reality show Outback Jack. Never heard of the show, never heard of the start, never want to. They're totally and completely unknown as celebrities. Do you know who they are? Do you care that they're having a baby? I don't.

Often, on Go Fug Yourself, a blog I have to admit I'm addicted to, I have a completely blank look as they're insulting some poor minor celeb who can't afford a stylist or has some serious drug problem that has affected their ability to look in a mirror. Today's writeup on Miley Cyprus... Who? When did this person become a celebrity? Often I have no inkling of who the women are they're belittling, but I do enjoy when they get a good Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton snark going. Those are at least people I've heard of.

Perez Hilton and Pink is the New Blog both tend to write up the current 20-something stars, especially focussing on Britney, Posh and Becks, and Paris shooting beaver. Now that is what I want to see on a celebrity blog. Both of these blogs never fails to entertain me with a KFed reference. Admit it, the guy is funny. Pathetic and replusive, but funny. Trent, the author of Pink has just moved to LA to blog obsessively and party with the stars. Perez does the same thing, and both of them have become minor celebs in and of themselves.

Defamer is a favorite blog about LA celebrity life. I often laugh hysterically because not only is the writing really well done (and spell check is used, unlike SOME celeb blogs I can think of), but the viewpoint is so often ridiculous.

For the best in New York celeb gossip and actual sightings, of course there is Gawker. Now you have to have kind of a strong stomach to read Gawker because these celebs are stalked all over Manhatten and photographed by cell phone users, who then send in their photos with the address of the restaurant or store where the sighting occurred. It's a bit over the top, but sometimes it's interesting to see who is lunching with whom.

I'm pretty up on the celeb happenings, but what I don't want to know about is what kind of baby sling Gwyneth uses or what kind of stroller Britney has bought for the new (poor thing) baby to be. I don't know why the Celeb Baby Blog and Blogging Baby seem to think that knowing what ridiculously expensive waste of money diaper bag the stars use has any importance to the rest of us moms. It kind of makes me nauseated. I mean, do you want to emulate these people? They're fun to laugh at, but who wants to be like them? Not me.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Far as I'm concerned, there's only one sling worth having, anyway: The Adjustable Fleece Pouch from www.kangarookorner.com. That is all.

25/7/06 4:09 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I am trying to break myself off of Perez, because it is just so trashy. I gave up on Go Fug Yourself because those celebrity outfits make me cringe so much (though I still like Ask Aunt Fugly.) And I've been really disappointed in Defamer for the past few months. It's almost like they lost all their insider information, and so they just discuss random stuff going on at Paramount that the rest of us don't care about.

I've started reading Ted Casablanca's The Awful Truth, though.

Oh, man. I've just got to stop. It's all such a waste of brain space.

25/7/06 8:07 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Oh and Baby Chic 101.com is has all that celebrity baby swag stuff also, and I don't get it at ALL. Like the rest of us can afford five Bugaboos and Gucci Baby Bjorns in every color anyway.

25/7/06 8:10 AM  
Blogger jen said...

lol.. i read most of those too. btw, you need to check out my fave blogger "maddie" at http://ridicluelessness.blogspot.com

she is very cool. i love her. =)

btw, found ya via blogmad.

i signed up for blogathon 2006 too. my first time.

happy tuesday!

25/7/06 1:31 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

The only gossip blog I look at almost daily is Defamer. It's just done better than the others.

25/7/06 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.