HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Celebrations this week

This week marks my 3rd year of blogging. I know, hard to believe, isn't it? I've talked about so many different things since the first blog, but the main themes remain the same: my kids, my annoyance with government bureaucracy, Judaism and Israel, parenting, health, television, food, and opinions on everything else that crosses my path. There has been humor, annoyance (plenty of annoyance), whining, sobbing, worry, anger, and a lot of laughing as I've written each post. Sometimes I'm in a lousy mood for days, sometimes I'm so tired I have little to say, and sometimes I think I come up with strokes of pure genius. Ok, not that often, but sometimes. Gimme some leverage, please.

I've come up with an idea for a new blog that I'm going to be rolling out fairly soon. It should be entertaining and will give everyone a chance to participate in telling their story. Stay tuned as I bring this idea to life.

Lastly, the 14th birthday is this week. I know what the Boy is getting, because he's already gotten his present. He collects baseball cards and wanted a reference book for his collection. He is hoping his cards are worth a lot as he's been collecting for years now. He does love baseball cards, but now that he's older he's realized that certain brands are better buys, and have better value in the long run, so he's concentrating on Fleer and UpperDeck, with Upper Deck being his first choice.


I have NO clue what the girl is getting. She's got so much stuff already, she doesn't really NEED anything like clothes, although she loves them and would take anything offered to her because she's a fashionista. I found her a backpack for a bargain price that she'll use, and I bought a lot (but not all) school supplies back in July when we did our inaugural trip to WalMart.

Any ideas for inexpensive but cool gifts for a 14 year old girl with severe teenageitis would be appreciated.

And a small whinge: my freaking gum is bleeding again, and so sore. I am so sick of my mouth hurting and I've got 5 more weeks before I can get my crown installed. I'm living on tylenol because I was taking so much ibuprophan I was afraid I'd get kidney/liver damage. I even got some Orajel. I haven't bought that in, oh, 13 years. This sucks.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

Congratulations on all birthdays. The new blog sounds interesting. I think you should get your daughter a very high-end laptop computer.

19/8/06 7:18 PM  
Blogger Miss Cow is a Cow said...

Hello Michele sent me.

I cannot imagine my baby at 13. He's 2 now.

19/8/06 7:23 PM  
Blogger Twist of Kate said...

Oh Happy 14th to your twins! Wow two teens in the house...brave woman! :) I am at a loss for ideas for the girl, my brain is not functioning...it's Saturday :)

HI from Michele's!

19/8/06 7:33 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Happy blog anniversary! Wishing you much relief from the painful gums. :( And happy birthday to boy and girl.

Michele sent me tonight.

19/8/06 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.