HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 25, 2006

Corinne Bailey Rae has the voice of an angel


Today I got to do something really special. The Girl and I got to go to a private concert featurnig Corinne Bailey Rae. She is just beginning a US tour and played a small venue in Boston this evening. Corinne is from Leeds England, and she has been getting really amazing press both overseas and here in the US. Her voice is enchanging and I think she's poised to take over the American music scene. She sings with an amazing confidence like a real British R&B chanteuse. She almost stops time with her presence. Can you tell I love her music?


Not only did we get to see a concert with less than 50 people in attendance, we also got a free IPod. Someone was VERY excited to get this new toy. For the Girl, what surprised her most was that there was a lot of free food. She's really interesting. Things she would never put in her mouth at home, in a bar with free food, she's scarfing it down.

And.... her favorite store in our town has a warehouse store right next door to the venue and she was absolutely in bliss checking out the merchandise. Bargains galore, people. T'shirts were $5, designer jeans were $25-39. Big name stuff, too.

What did you do tonight?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger moon said...

Sounds like u had an absolutely awesome time! How did u get such choice tickets and FREE IPODS! TO BOOT! man, I want to go to some gigs like that lol.
Loved reading your post.
Here via Michele's, have a great weekend...like u haven't already lol

26/8/06 4:44 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Tonight, I tried to figure out how to connect with you, so I could send you the "Mission Monday" prize that you won on my site.

Can you help me??

26/8/06 5:05 PM  
Blogger Im Chele In LA said...

fun fun fun..
Over from the other Michele's

26/8/06 6:05 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a fun day! I've never heard of this singer. I'll have to check her out - perhaps on iTunes! Hope you're having a great day!

Michele sent me today!

26/8/06 10:19 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.

Tonight, not so much.
Yesterday. Another story.
Took some stuff up to the girl at W&M and ended up moving the desk to where the chest was and the chest to where the desk was; putting together a futon; helping with bulletin boards, unpacked boxes and re-arranged the room, vacuumed, carted chairs, carted boxes back to Va Bch. Got home at 11 PM. Slept in.
Still sore.

26/8/06 10:38 PM  
Blogger David said...

tonight: I read your blog. wasn't that enough?

26/8/06 10:48 PM  
Blogger jsdaughter said...

sounds like a wonderful experience! Tonight? I took a nap after an early morning quilting shophop with my daughter... Now I'll be up all night reading blogs!

26/8/06 10:59 PM  
Blogger Guppyman said...

Tonight? I hung off the side of a hot air balloon.... I posted a little bit about it at my place.... but just a tiny bit... stories for another day....

Michele says howdy!

26/8/06 11:07 PM  
Blogger jo said...

L-O-V-E her.....
Finally after singing it in the car for a few weeks I had to look up the lyrics....
Saphire and jeans...Saphire and Jeans...

28/8/06 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.