HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fall Fashions: Bulky but warm

I'm not a fashion maven, but I do love to look at what the designers have shown in order to be all the more thankful that I'm not going to have to actually wear this stuff. This week, the Boston Globe Magazine had their fall fashion premier, and oh my, clothing is going to be odd this fall and winter. Warm, but odd.

Unfortunately, my absolute favorite spread did not make it to the web site, but they showed two pages of women wearing fashionable jeans, pants, sweaters, scarves, hats, shrugs, sometimes all of the above and then, to add fuel to the fire, socks with pumps, come fuck me's, boots, etc. Socks. Socks you could see. Not only were leggings prominently shown, but now we get to see about 2" of leg between the legging bottoms and the sock tops. So fugly.

Black and white is shown a lot. Most of the colors for fall are very neutral, beiges, grays, browns, blacks, and sometimes a hint of rust. No prints, no animal prints, but occasional fur colors and shrugs. This prison leggings are an example of what you're going to be seeing on the streets in a few weeks. Be prepared!



Knits are the fabric for fall, and layering knits is the look of the year. Thin knits like cashmeres with heavy knits atop them. But huge cape things over knit dresses. Makes me itch just thinking of wearing this stuff.


The overbra is a style I'm just not happy with. I can't imagine anyone, large or small, fat or thin, or just plain medium looking good with this. Maybe I'm silly, but aren't bras supposed to be worn under clothing? My granny would just die if she ever saw anyone walking on the street in this number.



Hats are an important part of any ensemble, evidentally. Here we have the Taliban hat for the urban terrorist look. Helmet head, anyone?


And then we have this Marc Jacobs hat that anyone who has ever taken up even the most fundamental knitting could make in an afternoon. In fact, I've got a pattern for a similar hat in a stocking knit stitch what I've made myself countless times. My cost? Maybe $5 worth of yarn. Marc Jacobs cost? $350. Is this serious?


How do you like this Hefty Bag dress? I can imagine people saying "Hefty Hefty Hefty" when this poor fashion schlub walks by. This is not an attractive look, people.


This pantsuit was one of my favorites. Model, size 0. Pantsuit size 16. Look at the length of these pants. Is this a deathwish pant suit? Watch the matchstick model fall and break up into pieces? I don't get this look at all.


This one was a real classic. A fall plaid is a given in most women's wardrobe. I've got a black watch kilt I got in Scotland that I wear occasionally. I'm not a big fan of plaid. It makes most folks look a bit broad in the beam. But this outfit? Tallyho! Pull out the dapple gray and saddle up!



Check out this model's legs. Do you think she's eaten anything since 2005? Those things make Nicole Ritchie look chubby. They look like they could snap in half with a sharp kick. This is fashionable? Starving nutters in plaid? Not my cuppa' tea.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Hi, Thanks for the comment I see your blog just about everyday and always enjoy reading your posts and checking out the photos. Looking foward to your next post in the mean time take care and have a good one if you can. Bill

31/8/06 2:57 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Hi, thanks for the comment I am glad you liked my blog post on Newburyport. I see your blog just about everyday and I always enjoy reading it and checking out the photos which are great. Have a great day and take care. Bill

31/8/06 3:09 PM  
Blogger Ma Titwonky said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Your pictures and commentary are excellent and made me laugh out loud. Thanks! :)

1/9/06 3:58 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Margalit, Michele sent me. That last model is twelve years old and hasn't begun to fill out yet...LOL
I used to be that skinny (I remember it well, though it was a very long time ago), but what i don't get is why anyone thinks that looks attractive?! There is not a body type in the world that would look good in that outfit!

2/9/06 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.