HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 14, 2006


Jack Bauer has saved my life

This is not a whiney post. You know why? Because I've spent about 48 hours straight with my true love Jack Bauer and now I feel so much better. Because if I'm whining nonstop about my life.. well than Jack might as well just pack it in because he has to fight crooked politicians, nuclear bombs, the world's stupidest daughter, double agents, spies, and at least 10 gunfights per day. That's just not a life worth living unless you're Jack Bauer, who always remains unscathed.



A couple of weeks ago a friend told me that she had just purchased Seasons 1-4 of 24. Which makes it 96, actually. Anyhow, as a fan of 24 on tv, I was psyched to borrow the disks. What I hadn't realized until I started watching them is that how you can get so hooked on the cliffhangers when you know that you've got the next one following with a flick of the remote, that you just can't stop watching. Plus, without the disgusting commercials, this show kicks serious ass. We've rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 already, and plan to finish 3 in a day or so. Twice I've stayed up until it's light out before going to be because I just HAD to see the next episode.

Other shows are much better on DVD than on TV, especially Lost, but nothing really compares to watching 24 on DVD because of the heart stopping action and the continual need to guess who the bad guy is going to be. Good guys turn bad, bad guys sometimes turn good (George Mason comes to mind) and Kim remains a moron. How Jack ever got a daughter this moronic is beyond me. Elisha Cuthburt isn't the best actress either, but this girl gets into the stupidest situations and she never seems to learn from her mistakes. Her mother wasn't the swiftest dog on the track, but she wasn't a complete moron either. More of just a whiny, too trusting, doofus. I can't stand Kim.

Anyhooooo, I'm feeling much better and it's all due to Jack Bauer, super CTU agent and a way hot gunslinger to boot. He's such a hunka hunka burning lust.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I loved 24 as well :) And I LOOOOOOVVVEE watching them on DVD, no commercials, and I can find out what happened next without the wait!

14/8/06 9:41 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Gotta love Jack! I'm the same way with the DVDs - I just keep watching, because I can!

14/8/06 10:10 AM  
Blogger Attila The Mom said...

Hahaha!! After missing the first 4 years (hubby has an aversion to Keifer Sutherland because he was mean to Sally Field in a movie and Dog forbid anyone ever be mean to The Flying Nun!), I finally talked him into seeing what we were missing.

We just finished Season 3, and your analysis is spot on! His daughter is such a doofus!

14/8/06 10:48 AM  
Blogger NotSoccer Mom said...

yup, can't go wrong with jack bauer! he's such a stud. he can do anything! kinda reminds me of macgyver, in a way. i also loved, loved, LOVED him.

14/8/06 2:38 PM  
Blogger MetroDad said...

Too funny, Margalit. I know so many people who have lost entire weekends watching 24 on DVD. They pop in the disc on Friday night and, next thing they know, it's Sunday night and they've been in front of the TV for 24 hours. Those cliffhangers really get their claws into you, don't they?

14/8/06 11:25 PM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

I wish his daughter had died at the end of season 1. She annoys the crap out of me...oh, well. I've never seen this show on network tv, but started renting Netflix DVDs to see what all the fuss was about.

I spent 8 straight hours in front of the TV one night. Didn't realize I had been there that long until I was out of discs to watch!

OMG, I was hooked after the 2nd episode.

15/8/06 6:32 PM  
Blogger Breigh said...

I met Keifer Sutherland in RL in 1999, I used to date his cousin. He's actually quite softspoken and smaller in RL, but still quite cool :)

I'm a big fan of 24 as well :)

16/8/06 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.