HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I've been totally remiss, and other matters

Former Texas Governor Ann Richards died today. I'm very saddened by that. She's always been a big hero of mine. She was a tough lady that went far with a big mouth and big opinions and a love of the little guy. For a while, she made Texas less of an embarassment. But of course, that's long gone. While governor she vetoed legislation that would allow people to carry concealed handguns, automatic weapons and "cop-killer bullets." She also vetoed a bill that would have allowed the destruction of the environment over the Edwards Aquifer. Hmmm, gun control and environmentalism. No wonder she only served one term in Texas and was replaced by that paragon of virtue and reformation, the Shrub.

*****

The second televised debate between the candidates for governor of MA was held tonight. As usual, Deval Patrick held steady and came out the winner. I have got to ask, what kind of campaign is it when Chris Gabrielli only says that he's got no platform other than he gets "results". Um, are they GOOD results? Bad results? Results that don't matter at all? We don't know. We do know he gets results, though. And that's supposed to make me want to vote for him. I think not.

Tom Reilly... your head is too big for your body. You look strange. Besides the fact that your yet another Irish pol that's way too intimate with how things are always done in this state. The only time I ever had contact with you was when I wrote you about my experience with dishonest movers when you were the district attorney. I asked you to investigate what these movers had done, not only to me, but to hundreds of their customers, by holding our goods hostage as they 'went bankrupt' only to be bought by another person in their organization. They were crooks, I had all the proof you needed to investigate them. What did you do? You told me to buzz off because your office wasn't interested in this scam. So you lost my vote and I'd never ever even consider you for the leadership of this commonwealth, especially after suffering through Mitt's reign of terror.

*****

Goodbye Toby. I really liked you a lot. I'm glad Delana didn't win because honestly, she's kinda skanky for me. Lukas, I never really got why you were so popular, but then again, I already did 1980 Billy Idol. Please promise me you'll lose those white sunglasses. They are horrible. I think you did a great job with the band, and hopefully this will boost your career. Delana, working with Gilby...um...uck! And now onto The Amazing Race. And Survivor. Because I'm a whore for popular culture and I have to admit, I find the latest twist of dividing tribes by race intriguing. So far, I can't really see it as racist because it is pretty equal at the start. But if the white tribe wins... which won't happen because they are going to merge the tribes. But if it did....

On the topic of reality shows, this summer's Big Brother was so good. But internets... Janelle didn't really NEED that extra $25K prize. Danielle and George both really needed the money. I think they should have gotten it. But nope, it was a popularity contest and honestly, Janelle was shafted by Erika and should have been in the final 2 with Dr Will. The fact that Boogie won, well it's just the way it all turned out. I'll miss Dr Will though. That man is pure entertainment.

*****

Today I was reminded that I've never introduced you all to an integral part of our family, for which I apologize profusely. Internets, meet Bluebear. Bluebear, meet the Internets.



Bluebear has been in our family longer than the children. He was a gift to me years ago, and when the babies came, the Boy got to keep him in his crib. He glommed onto Bluebear with a grip that still exists to this day. Bluebear is well traveled, he's quite the cosmopolitan bear. What he most liked to do is to hang out on the Boy's bed and view the world from the window. Sometimes, like today, he makes it downstairs for dinner, and spends the evening watching TV and smiling. He's always smiling.



Bluebear is kinda flat because for years the Boy used him as a pillow. He no longer has a chubby tummy and exhibits the flattest ass after mine in our household. He's got a few holes made by our former and much less Worthless Pet, and a few worn spots made by extra loving when the Boy got upset. If you look at Bluebear's ear you'll notice it's kinda bent and worn. The Boy used to fold it over with his chubby little hands to comfort himself.



Bluebear will probably attend college with the Boy. I can't imagine a time when Bluebear and the Boy were separated for long periods of time. They kind of go together, even when Bluebear is left to his own devices for days at a time. The fact that the Boy still sleeps with his lovey is very comforting to me.


The Girl also had a lovey, Piggy, but Piggy suffered some severe internal injuries about 4 years ago, and was laid to rest when the Girl was around 10. Piggy was beloved, but not in the same way as Bluebear, nor with the same intensity.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger La Chou said...

I worked on Big Brother...and I am so very glad that Erica did not win the money. She was a whiney pain in the neck to deal with. I did wish Diane won. She needed the money...even though she's not the smartest, she was very nice.

17/9/06 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.