HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Two heads not necessarily better than one

I've mentioned before that I blog elsewhere for my job. Sometimes it's really hard to switch back and forth between the two heads I need to have to do this. My work head is filled with research and finding all sorts of technical stuff related to security and identity authentication. It can be dry at times, but mostly it's interesting verging on frightening. Every time you see one of those stories of credit card hackings and internet fraud, that's what I'm working on. But when you blog for a business, you can't blog the way you think, just blurting out words like you can on your personal blog.

I like to think that much of what I blog about here is thoughtful and not just rolling in off the top of my head, but heck, we all have those days when there is just nothing. Nothing at all. Life isn't always filled with interesting tidbits, and sometimes what is out there is either overblogged to death, or of little interest to an international audience. Because I've seemed to have gained quite an international following. Why? You got me. But I do.

One obvious difference between work and personal blogging is vocabulary. You just can't swear on a work blog. It's a no-no, and even replacement words like frigging and fricken are frowned upon. I've never been told that by my employers, but it's obvious, right? Well, I think so anyways. The other thing that is different is comments and stats. I am so not into caring about the stats of the work blog. The people who read it are interested in that topic, and that's probably a limited set of folks. Stats are never going to break dooce's record and that's fine with me. Ditto for comments. I get comments, but my coworkers are there to respond. I don't have to with every comment. Phew!

I like blogging for work. It's a lot of fun and because it's a topic I'm fairly passionate about, I feel like I can cover the entire range of discussions, from biometrics and international identity cards to MySpace abuse. But when I'm in a space to blog about security, I'm so not in a space to switch over to blabbing here.

Which is a very long-winded way of saying "I've got absolutely nothing."
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger California Highway Guy - Daniel said...

I never knew you did computer security stuff. That's what I've been doing for over 20 years now. I'd love to read your work blog. Can you provide a pointer?

17/9/06 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.