HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Before and after

When I was in high school, I would have killed for flat, straight hair. In the 60's, that was the ONLY acceptable look. Unfortunately I had very thick, curly hair with frizzy undertones. It was so Janis Joplin. I hated it. Although I never had the nerve or the finances to have it professionally straightened, I did do all the alternative methods of trying to smooth it out. I rolled it on juice cans because they were bigger than any curler you could buy in the store. I laid my head down on the ironing board and proceeded to fry my hair in an attempt to iron it flat. I blew it dry holding down each piece. That took hours. And I ended up with even uglier frizzier wavy hair. It took me a long time to just accept my hair as it is.

So when the Girl was born and she had shiny straight hair, I was so thrilled for her. I thought that maybe she was lucky enough to avoid the curse of the hugely thick wavy hair. And she did...until puberty. Her hair completely changed and lo and behold, she got my hair. Which is really my evil mother's hair. And probably goes back further than that. I don't know. It doesn't really matter anymore because now there is a cure. A benign cure that she can do on her own to create the hair that she wants.

Behold....before and after! It is miraculous. God bless the flatiron.

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Carmi said...

Frizzy or straight, she could model. Momma must be very proud.

Dropped by from Michele's. Good to e-see you again.

Go Tigers!

14/10/06 8:24 PM  
Blogger Dave2 said...

Wow. If you ask me, she's equally stunning with straight OR wavy hair! :-)

14/10/06 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing what flatirons can do, isn't it?

Here via Michele.

15/10/06 1:02 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

OMG!!! Look at that gorgeous hair!!! Do NOT ever let her cut it!!!

So beautiful! (the hair and the Girl)

15/10/06 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, your daughter is GORGEOUS!

16/10/06 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.