HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 23, 2006

Why I almost never drive in my town

Living in the town of the entitled seems to inculcate a sense of "the road is MINE so get the hell out of my way" type of thinking. I rarely if ever drive due to my medical issues, but every once in a while I need to get someplace and can't wait for the Ride to take me, so I'll take the car out for a quick spin in the 'hood. I don't ever leave my city as I'm a bit fearful of being too far away if something bad happens. So today I HAD to go to the bank and get some cash and then needed to pick something up for the Girl. Had to be today, had to be NOW because when you're a teenager, everything is on a quick as a wink schedule.

My bank, like so many others, is on Walnut in the Highlands. As I was pulling out of the ATM drive-through back onto Walnut to make a left turn, there was miraculously a hole in the oncoming traffic and I inched my way out to get into the left lane on Walnut. Halfway across the road a complete Masshole in her Lexus SUV with the bluetooth cell phone deelybob in her ear pulled out of Lincoln making a left onto Walnut going about 45 mph. She never even slowed down. She almost took the front end of our minivan off. I stopped, blocking the road so she couldn't go anywhere, and gave her the finger of death. As I saluted her, the people at the T station all started pointing at her like she was from outer space. The faces on the people were hilarious. She never even bothered to wave or show any emotion because she was talking on the phone, and lord knows, whomever she was chatting with was way more important than my daughter and my lives. Masshole!

I let her go by and she never even acknowledged my existance. It was truely unbelievable. She was totally oblivious that she had almost caused a very serious accident with her dangerous and reckless driving...because she drives a Lexus and she's rich so everyone needs to give her the right of way.

But the best part was, following behind her was a big white delivery van. As the pulled in front of me, they both applauded me and gave me the thumbs up sign. Because, even though most drivers in my city are totally entitled Massholes who think that the roads are theirs and theirs alone, the service workers appear to have brains. So thanks, delivery van drivers. You totally cracked the Girl up.

I loved the applause. Made my whole day.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your writing whenever I see your postings. This one I really can relate to. Keep up the great writing and take care and have a good one Bill

23/10/06 7:31 PM  
Blogger gordaboo said...

I have to agree with you...people with the big ol suv's just think that they drive the biggest car then they must have the right of way against my little Altima.

24/10/06 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.