HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hormones, hormones and more hormones

Another cheery morning at our house. Gosh, makes all of you want to just move on in with us, huh?

As the Girl is sick and permanently ensconced on the sofa, this morning I had the very dubious honor of waking up the Boy. This is never an easy or pleasant job, for you never know what you're going to get from day to day. The one promise is that you will get a taste of hormones gone awry. That never changes.

So I wake him up and he groans and turns back over for another few minutes of snoozing. I keep haranguing reminding him that it's time to get up, which he finally does with a groan and a bloop. He comes in for his obligatory morning head butt on my stomach, which he says is a 'hug'. I think otherwise. Then he notices the Girl is home and sleeping so he starts the "I don't feel good either" whinge, which I ignore. He feels fine.

He goes in and gets dressed in something wrinkled that has been sitting in his laundry basket since the last time he brought up clean clothes. Put things away? How last century of you! As he starts down the hallway I tell him to brush his teeth. This is a daily occurance. I do it every morning and every morning I get "I don't have time". My new threat is, no brushing, no computer. I know, I'm mean and unreasonable.

We do the toothbrushing dance, he has no time, I tell him no TV, he gets pissed off and slams off to the bathroom, saying:

B: "Why are you such a bitch?"
M: "Because I want you to have good oral hygiene?"
B: "That was a rhetorical question. Shut up."

I totally lose it. I am laughing so hard I can't contain it. I start guffawing. A rhetorical question. Man, he's a riot these days. He's just too annoyingly real to believe. And I still love him, too.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, were you spying in my house on my web-cam???? My mornings are soooooooo much like that. Add in the morning when I am getting home at 7:45 from a 12hr night shift.....visualize the scene from The Exorcist, and I am Linda Purl.

29/11/06 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.