HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's a love/hate relationship

I recently won a contest held by The Zero Boss. Honestly, it was just luck because I hardly ever win anything. The prize was a videogame just released by Lucas Arts called Thrillville. We got the Xbox edition and it arrived today, thank goodness. Because it was a horrible, no good, very bad day for the Boy at school.

He was supposed to be on a field trip most of the day, and thus didn't bring his backpack or anything he needed for his core classes. Unbeknownst to him, the teacher that scheduled the field trip mistakenly scheduled the bus for the wrong day. The bus is coming tomorrow. Um... this was a big problem. A BIG problem. In high school, coming unprepared to class is a serious offense. Even if it's not your fault and the errant teacher talks to all your other teachers taking the blame, it's still a no-no. One of the Boy's teachers in particular gave him a really hard time about this, and a detention for tomorrow. The Boy came home and burst into tears he was so upset at this bad turn of events.

I let him rant for a bit and then told him that the videogame arrived in the mail today. The first question he asked was, "did they send any junk food?" (part of the prize which didn't arrive). I said "no", and he moped his way downstairs and set up the Xbox on the good tv, so he could enjoy the graphics.

That was 4 hours ago. He's still playing this game and having a blast. The Girl was all sulky too, and took a long nap. She then went downstairs and was nasty and petulant for a bit, and then got sucked into the game. They're both laughing their butts off now playing Saucer Soccer. There is no way I'm going to get them off of this game. They're having a blast.

This is going to be a great addition to our videogames. It's chock full of arcade-type mini-games, and the themepark is similar to our all time favorite family game, RollerCoaster Tycoon. Oh the nights I've spent building themeparks and watching the patrons vomit all over the sidewalks. I love that game!

Thrillville is officially released by Lucas Arts on November 29 and will cost $39.99. I hope it does really well because it's a blast to play.

So now we have something new to obsess over in our house. Thanks Jay!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Rollercoaster Tycoon is one of my favourite games, I must put it back on this computer.. Thanks for reminding me, I'll lose a few hours now! ;)

16/11/06 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.