HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Now this is a cool tool

Today I noticed that I was getting a lot of visitors from this site. When I checked it out to see what it was, I found that Pink Elephants had written a randomizer for the NaBloPoMo. Now when you add a button to your site and link it to the randomizer, you can quickly visit many new blogs you're never seen before, all of whom are participants in National Blog Posting Month.

Look over at the top of my left sidebar and you'll see a pretty blue button that will send you to the randomizer. Isn't it pretty? Isn't it nifty? Doncha want to press it right now? Well don't. Because you need to read the rest of this post first, OK? And then, you go for it, gurlfriend.

If you're visiting thru the randomizer, howdy! Nice to meet you. Leave me a comment and I'll come and visit you, too!

If you're a regular, leave me a comment as well and I'll promise to visit you. Because internets, you know I love you.

In other news, today I took the Girl to our huge public library to find some books for her social studies project. She's doing a paper on Louis XIV, which some kid in her class pronounced as Lewis Ex Eye Vee, much to her amusement. We consulted with the reference librarian to find out where the books would be located and I found that my child has made it all the way to high school without knowing how to find a book through the Dewey Decimal system. How could that be?

I gave her a lesson in how to find a book, and off she went. We found the correct shelf and got about 15 books out to peruse through. She needed to take out at least 5 of them. I showed her how to look through the table of contents and the introduction to see if the book would be helpful for her. She caught on pretty quickly and we looked at all the books, selecting those that we felt would be the more relevent and helpful. Interestingly, we took out 7 books, 6 of which had the title Louis XIV. Maybe the authors weren't all that imaginative.

But it was fun looking through all those books, and I got the feeling I used to get back in college at the beginning of a research project, where I couldn't wait to get started looking through the books. The Girl, on the other hand, looked at the books with dread and complained how heavy they were. She's going to complain a lot because reading is so difficult for her due to her LDs. However, she chose the topic and I know she's going to love it.

We got tickets today for the upcoming show at the MFA called Fashion Show 2006. It's a viewing of the collections of Azzedine Alaia, Hussein Chalayan, Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Maison Martin Margiela, Olivier Theyskens for Rochas, Valentino, Viktor & Rolf, and Yohji Yamamoto. I'm SO psyched. I've never seen actual originals of current runway fashions. I can't wait!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger The Bizarre Jokester said...

i agree - randomizer is good!

2/11/06 11:55 PM  
Blogger giddybug said...

Hey there. I just came here via the NaBloPoMo randomizer, and I'm wondering about the story with Bitacle.org. You say they're running stolen content, yet you have a Creative Commons notice on your page, which would seem to license them to do exactly what they're doing: reposting with attribution. Care to share the story?

3/11/06 1:11 AM  
Blogger Stephanie A. said...

I heart the library. And I know exactly what you mean about starting that new research project.

I'm not super into fashion (though I did get into Project Runway during season 3), but I've always wanted to attend a fashion show. Hopefully you have a blast!

3/11/06 2:54 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I came over via "The Naked Ovary" because you had me cracking up with your business cards. I have only one baby, but the questions never cease. They always want to know about something: height, weight, sleep habits, does she look like the hubby because she looks so much like me, boy or girl depsite the obnoxious pink stroller. Too funny!

And I sympathize with the shoe problems. I just posted about it. My feet grew lengthwise, but they are super narrow, which means everything gapes. I hate shoes!

4/11/06 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.