HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ta Da! 30 days of posting for NaBloPoMo

I did it. I posted every day without fail, sometimes more than once per day, for NaBloPoMo. Not that it was exceedingly difficult, as I usually post about this often, but the pressure, the pressure to never skip a day was tough. I feel like a seasoned veteren though. Now I remember what it like to work to a deadline. It's been a while, and I feel like this whole exercise has been good for me. I'm fairly undisciplined on a good day, so having a schedule of sorts worked well for me.

I know that there were thousands of participants in NaBloPoMo. The list is daunting. As I browsed through the many many blogs with the help of the randomizer, it became apparent that a goodly amount of posters didn't make it to the end. Some never showed up, some only made it a week or so, some skipped a couple of days here and there, but there seems like a lively group that was determined to stick to the end of the line. Which is today!

I promised a t-shirt from my Cafe Press store to one person that posted daily. That was before I saw that thousands had entered. I have no clue as to how to pick a 'winner' so I've decided I'm going to be arbitrarily decisive. I'm going to use the randomizer to pick 10 blogs that have made it all the way through with at least 30 posts. I'm also going to look at the quality of posts, and discount any blog that used more than one meme or blogging test/survey. One was fine, more than one and you're out of the running. I'm going to discount any post that is so obligatory that it's a one-liner saying "I'm posting just to have something up for today." I worked to make every day count, so I expect at least that from my winners.

I'm also going to look for blogs I've never seen before but enjoyed reading. Another thing I'm looking for is an emotional attachment. If your blog makes me tear up, or laugh out loud lustily, I'm gonna love you. And lastly, design. I like blogs that are pleasing to the eye, that have a great design with nice fonts and is easy to read. If your blog font is 9 point, you can forget winning my prize. If I can't see it without strugging, I can't possibly read it. You know, because I'm an auld fart. And I have to read 30 entries from each candidate's blog. I need my brains unscrambled, thank you very much.

Once I've got 10 finalists, I'll be putting them into a hat and asking my young helpers to draw the winner's name from said hat. If that winner has contact information on his/her blog, then I'll email them and ask them for two things: contact information and a photo. It can be a photo of you, your kids, your pet, your favorite food or drink, or anything that you think properly represents you. Something I can post on my blog to announce you as the winner.

I'm sure that everyone else who has offered prizes isn't going to be as picky. Not surprising, because I'm the Queen of OCD and I like to choose my winners based on my own serendipitous and arcane criteria. That, my cheeky monkeys, is the way I roll. OK?

Good luck. And good posting!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Blog for 30 days" should be some sort of therapy program. It has done wonders for me!

30/11/06 11:44 AM  
Blogger Kizz said...

I loved doing it and it wasn't hard but I agree with you heartily that the pressure made it somehow harder. I'd been posting at least once daily for a few weeks beforehand and never felt like "God I have NOTHING to say" but the idea that it was a contest (sort of) sometimes made me feel that way.

Congratulations on completion and I hope everyone in your household feels better soon.

1/12/06 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.