HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 19, 2006

We made it back safely

Oh my goodness, you should have seen the grocery store. We went to one we've never been to before because I just knew the closer one would be jam packed with no parking. We headed off to Dedham and had to fight our way through the MWRA construction site, the longest running construction since the big dig. Out the other end, we swung into the Staaah and, ahem, no parking. No handicap parking, no frigging parking at all. So we waited patiently for a nice couple to unload their 800 bags into their Ode to the Tasmanian Devil and drive off.

Once parked we entered to shrine to all things edible and then some. This supermarket is frigging huge. It's so long you need binoculars to see from one end to the other. We had very little to buy, but of course one of the items I needed was totally out of stock. Bummer. This means off to another store tomorrow. There were hardly any turkeys left, and those that were still in stock were gigantic. They didn't have any of the brand I buy, but we already have ours in the freezer from when they were last on sale.

With only one more small trip, we have enough to make an entire Thanksgiving dinner that can't be beat. Somehow, it all seems really exhausting at this point, but once I start baking pies, I'll be a happy camper.

What kind of pies will you have at your dinner (if you're American)?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Moogie said...

I believe we will be having pumpkin pies. Well, and I'll be making apple pies. We are going over to a friends this time around. I'm hungry just thinking about it. What all are you making?

19/11/06 4:24 PM  
Blogger Morah Mommy said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving...but if we did I know that it would be an apple pie with lots of cinnoman. That's one of hubby's favourites...warm with vanilla ice cream.

Gosh now I want some!

Michele sent me!

19/11/06 4:32 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

We're having two pumpkin, one with pralines, one plain, and a deep dish high rise apple pie with lots of spicy apples. My apple pies tend to be about 8" high when I put the crust on, then the apples bake down and there's a big hollow space for nice crispy piecrust to take place.

19/11/06 5:13 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I went to the grocery today too, Margalit and it was packed! I am goinf to my daughter's home, but I am baking pumpkin pies and we will also have apple pie. It's our tradition!

19/11/06 6:21 PM  
Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

I believe that the dessert menu this year includes pecan pies, pumpkin pies, custard pie, lemon icebox pie, and hot fudge cake. I think that's all. We have the cooking spread out across all of us this year and I haven't seen the whole menu yet.

I have managed to find a wonderful yeast roll recipe. Lighter and softer than the recipe I was using. They are as close to Quincy's big fat yeast rolls as I have ever found.

Oh I love the smells of Thanksgiving.

Cindi

19/11/06 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.