HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Have a placard?

Dear Persian Princess,

You know who you are. The ultra-skinny Persian Princess driving the Mercedes SUV today in the Marshall's parking lot. You were wearing skin tight black Seven jeans with a brown sherling jacked and Come-Fuck-Me boots.

Um, has anyone explained to you are what handicapped parking is all about?

If you see a spot that says "Handicapped Parking", you don't get to park in it just because you're a rich ho with a fabulous Blackberry that you're screaming into at top volume in the middle of the parking lot. Try to look down at the parking space. Do you see that blue spot with the picture of the wheelchair? Guess what that means? It means you can't park there because you don't have a placard. See the blue sign right in front of your car? The one that says "Don't even think of parking here unless you have proof you're handicapped? That is for morons like you that think you're so special that you can just roll your Nazi-mobile right in there anyhow.

Oh, and when someone who DOES have a placard tells you that you can't park there because you're so obviously not handicapped, nor do you have any proof that you are, you aren't supposed to scream at them in Persian. You're supposed to move your freaking rich-bitch status symbol car and let a handicapped person who has a legitimate claim to the space park there.

Let's recap what a handicapped space is for. People who are handicapped have trouble walking. They get special parking spaces because they need to go about their business and be independant, but they also need a bit of special care. Those parking spaces mean the difference between allowing a handicapped person to shop and sending them away because there are no available spaces for them. In other words, if you don't have legal permission in the guise of a placard or a license plate that identifies you as handicapped, you're breaking the law by parking there. You're also rude and insensitive.

One more thing. Giving a handicapped person the finger for telling you to get the hell our of her space is really inappropriate behaviour. I know that you think you're special because you have enough money to pay for Seven jeans, but you're not. You're just another of the thousands of spoiled, entitled bitches that need to be taken down a few pegs. I hope you got a really expensive ticket, you selfish cretin.

Your neighbor,

Margalit

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally hear you on this one!

I have a handicapped placard. Some days I don't use it if I see another space open close by. Why? Because even though I can prove I am handicapped, had the doctor verify it, applied to the State for the placard, truth is there are still some days that I think I can make it without too much pain. I have my cane. Someone else may have a wheelchair or walker.

And they have it worse than I do. So I don't park there.

And the same thing holds true for parking for pregnant moms. We have those too. I've seen a LOT of dads park in those spaces with no mom in sight.

Bums me out in the worst way ... those oblivious people.

17/12/06 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handicap was obviously mental.

17/12/06 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do they have to be so rude about it instead of just saying, "oh i'm so sorry, let me move my car" ??????

18/12/06 12:56 AM  
Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

Margalit,

This is one of those hot button issues for me. Yes I have a placard, 34 surgeries and angioedema led my doctor to fill out the forms. It isn't always necessary. But on the days it is, it burns me to see half the blue spaces occupied with cars that are not handicap tagged. My two biggest gripes are people who park in the blue spaces at the doctor's office (I mean damn, perhaps those spaces need to go to the people who have a reason to park there, not simply a desire to be as close as possible) and at the hospital (Now really, people at the hospital, who might need a handicap spot, whoda think it).

I am so with you. And I am not afraid to point out illegally parked cars when I see a cop in the parking lot.

Cindi

21/12/06 11:08 AM  
Blogger Bobby McGee said...

Agreed, another thing that sucks is when they park in curb cuts (super inconvenient for a whbeelchair/walker user like me) and use the elevator. Unfortunately we can't cop the elevator because there are a lot of people with invisible disabilities; my mother has a heart problem and she cannot walk very long on the steps. She has to use a scooter in large stores and parks in handicap spaces with a pass. She also lets it go when someone else needs it.

So don't park in handicap spots, use elevators, provided scooters/chairs, and curb cuts unless you really need it. Where are the parents to teach these kids?

24/12/06 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.