HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I can die a happy woman now

I have hit nirvana. It will seem to be a small thing, but I have always wanted, but would never ever buy a certain product that is pushed every Christmas by silly commercials and an even sillier jingle that becomes an earworm of death. I would not buy it because I'm embarassed to admit that I've always wanted one. It's so...um...banal. But the truth is, I'd be happy if I had a Clapper, I'd love those plastic containers with all the lids the same size, and I'd be thrilled to own a George Forman grill. These are all things that I don't own and would be embarassed to buy, too.

However, today the kids opened up a shared present given to them by a wonderful friend, and now all my prayers have been answered. We are now the proud owners of a Homer Simpson Chia Pet. YeeeHaw! I have no clue why these stupid things excite me, but they do. I have no idea of why I want one, but I do. Maybe it is because I must be brain damaged when it comes to indoor gardening. Maybe it has to do with the extreme insanity of the product itself. But I've always had a hankering to rub seeds into a clay vessel shaped like a lamb or Homer's head, and watch it grow. Evidentally I aspire to mediocrity. Oh well, it doesn't matter because we have one now.

When the Boy opened it up, he looked at me and started cackeling. I know, it's mortifying to have a mother that looks at Chia Pets in Walgreens and exclaims "oh, aren't they CUTE?". I get it. He was cracking up and saying "I can't believe we have one of these." When he pulled it out of the wrapping paper I practically grabbed it out of his hands. Oh boy. A dream come true. My own Chia Pet.

I will, of course, document the success of the luxurious green hair Homer will be sporting. I'm sure you're all dying to see the progress, right?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL -- I was sort of afraid you'd all be like, "WTF is this thing?!" :D But my gift-dar came through after all. Good luck earning your Chia Thumb... emily

27/12/06 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.