HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 15, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Hanukkah


Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah. The day started off kinda rough, as is usual for any holiday around Chez Holiday's Suck. But we did pull it together and here is a report of the results.

I had not wrapped any presents. I had only bought two presents per child. I had not decorated or cleaned the many hanukiyot from last year. I had not gone grocery shopping for applesauce or sour cream. I didn't know where half the stuff was I needed to fine. I was a royal mess. I even took it out on Izzy's Props and Pans site when it would not load a post for me.

You know what? It all doesn't matter. I got it all done, we had a lovely candle-lighting, the children loved their presents and I loved mine. All is good.


The Girl got a hand made glass necklace because, as we all know, I am obsessed with art glass. She liked it a lot but wondered where she could wear it. I think it's fine for every day, she thought it might be too easily broken for school. But she liked it!



Then the Boy opened his blow-up gaming chair, and spend the rest of the afternoon blowing it up and trying it out. He also loved his new headphones, which he actually told me to buy him. I think they are very geeky, but what do I know?


The Girl then opened her leopard skin tights and her light-up rubber duckies.



Have you ever seen these light-up rubber duckies? We have one (the clear one) in our downstairs bathroom that is used as a nightlight and as entertainment when you might have to sit a spell. They're so much fun, I bought more of them for the Girl's enjoyment.

I opened my present from the Girl. Apparently she knows me very well, because I am a major fan of the margarita. And who wouldn't love these little teacups and spoons? Are they not adorable? We will use the for salt and pepper on the table.


Now it is time to make the latkes. After dinner I will be in a carb stupor and will end up falling asleep while the kids watch the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Yes, I can sleep through Johnny Depp. It's tough, but I'm exhausted.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger The Scribe said...

Sounds like a wonderful first night of Hanukkah! The menorahs looked great.
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles

15/12/06 7:17 PM  
Blogger itazurakko said...

I have a Hanukkah party to attend later this week, and am very much looking forward to the latkes my own self.

The photo of the hanukiyot is very pretty.

15/12/06 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love thos ducks! I need to get those for my youngest son!

16/12/06 3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your menorah's look beautiful.

i feel like such a rotten sister. i meant to send my sister's gifts on tuesday so that she would have them for friday but i was busy getting the hubble telescope shoved up my nose. :( anyway, i will fed ex them tomorrow and she will have 5 gifts to open on tuesday night.

18/12/06 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.