HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Now that I've had this coffee I can die in peace

I love coffee. Plain coffee with a spot of half and half, pronounced haaaf and haaaf where I live. No sugar. I’ve never gone in for all those girly coffees with the cutsie names and the fattening additives. Just gimme a coffee ‘regulah’ no sugar, please.

Until today. Today my mind has been forever changed. Changed for the first time in years, and by the evil purveyor of coffee on every corner in the world, Starbucks. Starbucks, which happens to be next door to my local Trader Joes. My beloved Trader Joes that has run out of cups and had no free coffee this morning. Can you believe it? Neither could I. Harumph.

Because TJs let me down, I had to go to Starbucks for coffee. My daughter was with me, and she wanted the girliest girly drink of all, the Peppermint Mocha Latte. Bah! But then I saw something on the menu that caught my eye and I wanted to taste it. I wanted in bad. I was reeled in by those damn Seattleites with their adorable chick coffees. Yes, I ordered a Venti Gingerbread Latte. And it was good.

Not just good good. GOOOOOOD good. Like you wanted to get down on your knees and pray to the Gods of Mt. Hood for creating Seattle who begat Starbucks who begat the latte who begat the gingerbread latte, nectar of the Gods. That’s how good it is. OK, it’s ridiculously overpriced. It probably has 1000 calories in a Venti. I’m afraid to go to the Starbucks site and check. And if you do, don’t tell me. I honestly don’t want to know. I’ll cry when I find out how fattening it is. OK I won’t. It was 530 calories. I will never eat again. I’ll just be drinking these Lattes. But I’ll be very very happy.

And in defense of Trader Joes, they still had plenty of those Candycane Joe-Joes. Have you tried those? They are, without a doubt, the best cookie ever made. They only have them this time of year. They're new this year and they are a blessing and a curse. A blessing because they taste so darn good that you just want to eat the entire box. A curse because they are cookies that taste so good you want to eat the entire box. The flyer said that of all the holiday items TJ's offered this year, these were the holiday tasting panel's favorite item. I have to concur. These are heaven in a little box, and for only $2.49, you can't go wrong.

Please do not ask me how many boxes we bought today. Please. Oh my God, I'm mortified.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger afuntanilla said...

hi. visiting your site for the first time today! i love the post. i, too, am a regular starbucks coffee drinker. i usually just get a tall coffee w/ 1/2-1/2 and brown sugar. once in a blue moon, i will go for one of the "girly drinks"...but i find them way too sweet. i'm surprised u liked it since you don't put sugar in your regular cup.?

3/12/06 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Starbucks. I'm a double latte with Spenda Venti person. But Gingerbread Latte is. to. die. for!

And I miss TJ's. I had one near me when I lived in CA ... but the closest one to me is a 2-hour drive away. I love TJ's, but not THAT much!

3/12/06 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.