HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 04, 2006

Orgasms and the television

Tonight the Girl and I were snuggling on the sofa under her down comforter watching a repeat of Desperate Housewives. I think it was the first show of the season, where Brit announces her engagement to Owen. She says they're going to abstain from sex until they're married, but then goes back on her promise. She and the creep are in bed and he starts to go down on her and she asks what he's doing. When he explains, she says "I don't do that, I'm a Republican" and he responds "I'm a Liberatarian" and she says "oh then, OK" and he disappears from the shot. Moments later she gets up, and the next scene is Bree at her doctor's office wondering if she had a stroke. She describes being hot and flushed and excited and that it felt good, and the doctor says "You had an orgasm."

The Girl looks at me and says "How can she not know it's an orgasm?" Now this is hard to explain. I think it might be the first time that I really didn't have an adequate explanation for a sex topic. Usually I can find some explanation, but to be honest, I can't really get how someone could be married long enough to raise teens, then be engaged to the weird pharmacist murderer, and now have oral sex with Owen and experience her first orgasm. I mean, hasn't she ever heard of a vibrator? Man, this was hard to explain to the Girl in a manner that seemed non-judgemental but still informative. I don't think I did my best work with this one.

Is this even remotely realistic? Ok, it's Bree. But really, can a woman that has an active and regular sex life really go into her 40's and not have a clue as to what an orgasm is about?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Mommy off the Record said...

I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't watch this show! LOL

But after reading this post, I'm a bit intrigued...

5/12/06 12:16 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I think it might be realistic, because wasn't her first husband her "first," and wasn't that marriage a bit, um...COLD in the sex department? (Remember, he had a standing date with the town call-girl, due to his unsatisfying sex-life.) And then, when she described what sex was like to the doctor...ugh. And YES, I have known women like that, that just "didn't get what all the fuss was about." Something happens when they get into their 40's, usually!

7/12/06 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.