HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 29, 2006

Yawn... just a meme

Like everyone else, it's time to let you in on 5 Things You Don't Know About Me because I'm so interesting and have so much to tell. Heh.

1. I don't get drunk, or even tipsy anymore because the last time I was drunk, in 1980, I did something so freaking stupid it changed my life forever. Let's say that I 'forgot' where I parked my car after a long night on a booze cruise, so decided to run home, and during that run, let's say that I decided to do some fancy hurdles, and let's say that I hurdled myself over a garbage can into a pile of steaming dog surprise, and let's then say that I was so drunk I didn't feel the pain until the next morning when I woke up and my knee was so swollen it wouldn't even bend, and then let's say that I went to the ER where they told me that I needed surgery and then let's say that I had a complete knee replacement and I now have a teflon knee. Yeah, so the booze is out.

2. I worked for a summer on an archaeological dig where I cooked for the whole crew. We lived in tents outdoors and I cooked over an open fire or on camp stoves, 3 meals a day for 20 people every day for 6 weeks. We had no bathing facilities so had to bathe in a creek. It snowed in June. I love it and would have done it again, but the next year I was an archaeologist and it wasn't nearly as much fun.

3. My first attempt at graduate school I wanted to study ancient ceramics but the chemistry was a complete disaster so my plans were dashed and I had to find another career without any physical science.

4. As a kid I was so allergic to bug bites that I got sent home from sleep-away-camp every summer after being rushed to the ER with my face swollen so badly my eyes wouldn't open. But that didn't make my parents stop sending me... no, I just got to suffer again and again. Fun!

5. My senior year of high school I was so in love with this guy that my parents HATED. I don't know why, but they thought he was evil incarnate and did just about everything to break us up. My relationship was so bad with my parents that I moved in to his house and lived with his family for weeks before I agreed to come home. When I got home I had a bit of a breakdown and didn't go to school the last several weeks before graduation. I didn't see that guy again because I moved overseas and he went someplace else. I didn't hear anything about him for many years, when I ran into a guy that was in our graduating class, and he told me that my first love was now a Rabbi. Man, nothing but nothing made me happier to hear that and then report it to my mother. Heh. I could have been a rebbitzin if she had freaking kept out of my business.

I'm not about to tag anyone specific because we all know how tags are ignored, but I do want someone to pick up the ball and run with it. Ok?

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.