- Today I went below my first weight loss goal. In order to work with my nutritionist, he asked me to set interim goals. The first goal was the biggest, and I reached it a couple of days ago. This morning I'm almost 3 lbs lower. Now it's on to the next goal, which is exactly twice as much as the first goal. I am guessing that if I keep doing what I'm doing, which is not following any particular diet but cutting back on carbs, eating two meals per day with reduced portions, and snacking only on fruit. Oh, and keeping all junk food out of the house and only allowing oatmeal raisin cookies to be baked because oatmeal is good for your heart and it's National Oatmeal Month.
- Worthess Pet peed on the bathroom floor twice this week because his litter box, which is pristing, wasn't up to his demanding standards. The freaking cat can pee outside, but inside the litter isn't clean enough for his highness. Ugh.
- This is what is tearing my city apart. We're moving into the final vote, and everyone is on pins and needles. I'm thinking of voting "no" because it seems to be a ridiculous amount of money and do we really NEED a Graham Gund designed building?
- I've been knitting a scarf for myself and have been joking that it will be too warm to wear it as it's been ridiculously hot here. But the forecast calls for sleet and icy storms. No snow, but also no more warm weather. Who would have thought that weather would arrive in mid-January? Weird.
- Jo-Ann fabrics is having an 80% off sale at our local store this weekend. The Girl and I will be attending. I will get more yarn, she will get fabric. She just made herself an adorable duvet cover with matching embroidered pillows with her name on them. She also made one for her brother.
- I am having the weirdest big toe pain. I think I've got an infection below my cuticle because it seems to to be on fire right against the cuticle. I soaked it for hours last night, scaring the bejesus out of the Worthless Pet. Bubbles were a new thing for him, and evidentally very scary.
- Do you read Say La Vee? This is a favorite read of mine. Go check out the Blackbird. She's great.
- I'll be baking more bread this weekend. I'm working out of an artisan bread book trying out various recipes, and also doing the No-Knead bread recipe. I'll be covered with flour all weekend.
Toodles! Stumble It! JBlog Me