HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday wrap-up

I've got lots of little things to talk about. Nothing earth shattering, but nevertheless, here they are:

  1. Today I went below my first weight loss goal. In order to work with my nutritionist, he asked me to set interim goals. The first goal was the biggest, and I reached it a couple of days ago. This morning I'm almost 3 lbs lower. Now it's on to the next goal, which is exactly twice as much as the first goal. I am guessing that if I keep doing what I'm doing, which is not following any particular diet but cutting back on carbs, eating two meals per day with reduced portions, and snacking only on fruit. Oh, and keeping all junk food out of the house and only allowing oatmeal raisin cookies to be baked because oatmeal is good for your heart and it's National Oatmeal Month.
  2. Worthess Pet peed on the bathroom floor twice this week because his litter box, which is pristing, wasn't up to his demanding standards. The freaking cat can pee outside, but inside the litter isn't clean enough for his highness. Ugh.
  3. This is what is tearing my city apart. We're moving into the final vote, and everyone is on pins and needles. I'm thinking of voting "no" because it seems to be a ridiculous amount of money and do we really NEED a Graham Gund designed building?
  4. I've been knitting a scarf for myself and have been joking that it will be too warm to wear it as it's been ridiculously hot here. But the forecast calls for sleet and icy storms. No snow, but also no more warm weather. Who would have thought that weather would arrive in mid-January? Weird.
  5. Jo-Ann fabrics is having an 80% off sale at our local store this weekend. The Girl and I will be attending. I will get more yarn, she will get fabric. She just made herself an adorable duvet cover with matching embroidered pillows with her name on them. She also made one for her brother.
  6. I am having the weirdest big toe pain. I think I've got an infection below my cuticle because it seems to to be on fire right against the cuticle. I soaked it for hours last night, scaring the bejesus out of the Worthless Pet. Bubbles were a new thing for him, and evidentally very scary.
  7. Do you read Say La Vee? This is a favorite read of mine. Go check out the Blackbird. She's great.
  8. I'll be baking more bread this weekend. I'm working out of an artisan bread book trying out various recipes, and also doing the No-Knead bread recipe. I'll be covered with flour all weekend.

Toodles!

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a doctor ... BUT what you are describing with your big toe sounds like gout pain. Seriously ... give the doc a call and have him check it out.

It can be treated. Left untreated can cause serious damage to your kidneys. They can fail.

Gout is nothing to mess with.

I wish I had a Joann Fabrics near me ... I'd go nuts.

12/1/07 6:49 PM  
Blogger onizuka808 said...

Very good article Can make friends? Visit my blog

12/1/07 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated new year!!!

13/1/07 5:52 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

hey!

thanks for the nice link -

I look forward to hearing about the bread as I've been doing the no-knead for a while now and really like it...

14/1/07 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.